Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM and IdM 7.2 Integration

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a new user account for external business partners (Contact Person) in SAP SRM using SAP IdM 7.2 SP09.

I have activated the business function FND_IDM_1 but the problem our SAP SRM is ABAP only.

Is there anything we can do to get this working with only ABAP stack.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Ridouan Taibi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

SAP Identity Management automates account creation of various user entries in Business suite application. Otherwise you always can create them manually using only ABAP.

Here you can find more details about Implementation involved in Identity Managements from ABAP side:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/668e6629-0701-0010-7ca0-994cb7dec...

Here you can find information how to integrate SRM as one Business suite application with SAP Identity Management 7.2:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic_72/helpdata/en/91/c2a53cae2f494f9a3afd002cc290f9/content.htm?fra... 

Best Regards,

Penka Tatarova

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Penka,

Many thanks for your response.

Unfortunately the links are standard documents that don't help me in this case.

As you might know SAP NetWeaver IdM supports automated steps for internal and external business partners in SAP SRM. SAP SRM is the origin of contact persons and not like employee where the origin is HCM.

FND, Integration with SAP NetWeaver Identity Management - Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Packag...

If you have the SRM Portal (AS Java) you can create a contact person there and this action will trigger SAP IdM to create a user Id. My customer decided to implement SRM with ABAP stack only so the above functionality is missing.

I am looking for another event that can trigger/send something to SAP IdM to create a user for an external business partner (contact person).

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Ridouan Taibi