cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding attachment to a service request

Former Member

Hello, experts.
I'm new to Solution Manager, so any kind of help would be appreciated. My question is, whether it is possible to enhance the service request creation process

with a with a possibility to add attachments (doesn't matter, whether as an extra step, or as an additional section in step 2), like during the incident creation:

I've tried playing with configurable areas and page configuring, but I couldn't figure it out, so I guess I have to modify the source code. Did anyone get the same problem? Which classes do I have to modify? (I'm also new to ABAP, so I would appreciate a more detailed explanation).
Thanks in advance

ahmadaslan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Any answer on how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would just use a copy of incident transaction and name it service request.. so you can easily use all functions you have for regular incidents - assumed you do not have any special process definitions for your service request.

Regards

Former Member

Thanks for the reply. That is a nice idea, but the problem is that I would like to keep the functions of a regular service request and add the new one. Anyway, could you provide some more tips, how do I do it?
Thanks

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of SOLMAN you are in.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
I'm using SAP Solution Manager 7.1