cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Asset Value carry forward to next year

0 Kudos

As a regular periodic process of Month/Year closing activities in SAP, Asset Year 2015 was opened and then closes the year 2014 and carried forward the Asset values to the year 2015. But unfortunately some of the Asset value had not been transferred to the year 2015. As a result, Depreciation had not been charged for those Asset for the year 2015. Need to transfer the Asset value to the current year immediately. Can any one help me regarding the problem ? The APC Start value is showing in the year 2014 but its not showing in 2015.

The Closing value of Current APC of year 2014 does not match with the Opening value of the APC Start, so what should be the possible reasons for that ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shahin,

Have you run balance carry forward program? If not run it.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar bhai,

Yes, i have run balance carry forward program. Almost 90 % of the Assets value had been carried forward. the remaining 10 % is my problem object.

Regards,

SHAHIN

0 Kudos

Dear Shahin,

Which transaction did you run? Did you get any error message during the program run?

Best regards,

Erika

0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

I did that on last January 2015. First i use the T-code: AJRW for the Fiscal Year Change and then T-code: AJAB - for Year end-closing Asset Accounting as i did that for last 4 years. Though there was as error message indicating error in depreciation calculation, our consultant assured me that that will not create any problem. The Error was like below:

600981       0    Secretariat Table                              2014 Error in dep. calculation
former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shahin,

First run the depreciation in AFAB in repeat mode in test run and check any assets listed in the out put. If yes, then run it in production mode. After done posting, you run year end closing.

Regards,

Mukthar