cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install JRE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to install a JRE (1.6) in a system but there are two instances with Netweaver 7.4 (BW & Portals).

Currently there is installed J2SDK se v1.4.2_30, could be any incompatibility if I install this software?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

The questions is not really clear to me, but since you wrote you have NW 7.4 portal, it means that server uses JVM 1.6 for sure.

You can have more JRE installed on a machine as long as they are placed in separate folders. They do not necesserily interfere with each other. What matters is how they are called/referred. An application or browser can refer to a JRE by environmental variables or via direct path to the corresponding version, it depends.

So it can happen that application "A" uses the JRE placed in folder "A", application "B" uses the JRE in folder "B". It is the matter of configuration.

The bottom line is you can have more JREs on a single machine.

Best Regards,

Peter

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

J2SDK not recommended for SAP environment and SAP wont support J2SDK.

Why is SAPJVM Required?

Since 1st of October 2012, SAP JVM 4 is the only supported JDK for SAP Web AS 6.40 and SAP Netweaver 7.0 systems. JDKs from other vendors are not supported anymore. Please refer to notes Note 1495160 and Note 1708967 for more information.

You can migrate SAP JVM.

Refer below documents:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57974

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan, I need to install JRE to execute external java application on this server.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

You can download required J2SDK version from oracle website and install directly.

for 32bit

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/install-windows-141940.html

Regards,

V Srinivasan