cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL in FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to pass  a set value to FPM application using a URL .For this now I am  using cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url to construct a URL.Now i need to pass an internal table to the FPM  Application,but  not able to pass values to FPM application .Please help me to resolve the issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If u define Assistance class than create one attribute of internal table type and pass the data to an attribute in called component and get the same attribute in the calling component.

If u don't have assistance class use with simply export and import statement.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

you cannot pass internal tables by URL but you can serialize an internal table to a string by use of the ABAP command CALL TRANSFORMATION, and you can deserialize it the same way in the target application. In addition I would use launchpad navigation with parameter forwarding "Post Parameters" so that you don't get in trouble with exceeding URL limitations.

Regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

Thanks for the reply .I need to highlight the application path in FPM application ,for this I  pass the 'sap-nwbc-node=8' in the URL,then corresponding node is get highlighted.In the same url I also pass some of  value to the fields in Screen .These values are not getting filled .Please help me resolve the issue

johannes_konings
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think that the contents of an internal table can be passed to the URL.

For such a request, I have saved the values of the internal table in a database table with a GUID and passed the GUID to the URL.

regards

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes ,

Thanks for the reply .

Would you please explain how can I use GUID to pass the internal table.?

johannes_konings
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For my requirement it was a structure and not a table. But the principle is the same.

Create a GUID and save this with the internal table into a DDIC table. The GUID you can then passed as a URL parameter. The passed GUID as a URL parameter can then used to query the DDIC table.

To save the internal table in the DDIC table, you could, like Jens has mentioned, serialize the internal table.
regards,
Johannes