cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales and Replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

There is a requirement from the client and I am not sure if it is possible as I have tried configuring it. They require the sales and replacements to be in a single sale order. Instead of raising a credit memo for returs, they want to replace the goods. When suggested to use subsequent delivery free of charge, they do not want to enter in 2 orders. Is is possible to have both sales and SDF in a single order. Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Why does client want sale and replacement in one order? (save time for user during order creation or...)

Combining both these processes is not recommended! SAP gives two different document type and in each the SD document category are different (C and I). Further, for sale process there will be billing and for SDF there will be no billing. So combining such different processes in one order is not advisable.

From configuration point of view it could be done, but then there might be manual errors, confusion, status of order might be open because both type of items in one order, even when sale items are billed.

Go back to client and try to convince him to go for SDF.

TW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just because of your client is not willing to carry out one additional work.  But you can ask your client - at the time of returns, unless there is some trigger point, how system would know that there is a returns.  For that, instead of using the original sale order, you should have a separate document type which is the Best practice.  I am sure, this scenario would occur once in a while and for that if you deviate the standard SAP functionality, it will lead to many other complications.

G. Lakshmipathi