cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why terms of payment must be copied from invoice for joint venture?

former_member215587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Good day,

When I do the IMG customizing for vendor / customer tolerance under one Joint venture company code, the error message as below shows me that I have active the JV accounting and if so the payment terms must be copied from invoice and I need to check the box of "payment term from invoice".

After I un-check the box "JV Accounting Active" in company code global data, and return back this issue, then the error message disappeared.

I do not know why for joint venture accounting, the payment terms must be copied from invoice, is there some reasons to require this?

Thank you,

Annika W.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Annika, Could you pleae let me know the message number. Regards Zidane

former_member215587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zidane,

Please kindly find below message. No FC159.Thanks.

Terms of payment must be copied from invoice (Joint venture)

Message no. FC159

Diagnosis

The "Joint Venture Accounting" component is set to active in the company code
affected. Joint Venture Accounting always requires the terms of payment to be
inherited from the invoice when forming residual items.

System Response

Error message

Procedure

Choose your setting so that the terms of payment are transferred from the
invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Annika, in oby6 you need to active JV settings . the error says payment terms must be copied when you passing the adjsutment entry like residual entry .

former_member215587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, because I active this JV setting, so that when I do the customizing with not checking the box of payment terms from invoice then the process not passed.

So I want to know why when i active the JV settings then I have to check the payment terms from invoice in OBA3. Is there any reason that when forming the residual items the payment terms is required from the invoice. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it is required when forming the residual item , residual item is adjustment entry were system will create the one more entry . so payment term is required . thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi invoice contains PO based ? or non PO based . if the invoice contains PO then payment terms will be from the PO level if its non PO then payment terms will be from Vendor master data payments terms must to plan the payment for the vendor /customer its describe the net due date thanks