Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on rounding difference due to price unit

jemco01
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I thought this one will be easy but I have an issue while trying to capture a specific price agreement.

I need to sell a service (training session in my business context – training session ID is managed by means of material group). Pricing unit used is an alternative unit of the product (base unit of measure is “ST” or “PC”, alternative unit is “DAY”). At the point where we are in our project, there is no way to change the way our material units are managed.

The global service duration is 6 days and I have captured an agreement by means of a condition with calculation type “C” this way:

3100 EUR / 6 Days for a given customer and the material group representing the training session ID.

This session is performed on three distinguished “sub sessions” at different dates and need to be invoiced separately as well. For this, we have designed products representing those “sub sessions” (all having “ST” as base unit of measure and alternative unit equal to the number of days of each sub-sessions (2 days each in my example). 

…Now, when I capture the sales order, system calculates this way (or kinda):

Sub session 1: 3100*2/6 = 1033,333333… rounded to 1033,33

Sub session 2: 3100*2/6 = 1033,333333… rounded to 1033,33

Sub session 3: 3100*2/6 = 1033,333333… rounded to 1033,33

• Total in my order: 3.099,99 and not 3100.

What I tried/thought about this far:

1. 1. Set the flag “group condition” with/without group condition routine and with/without “Rounding difference comparison”
  • I think these kind of setting don’t match with calculation type “C”

1. 2. Used “fixed amount” (rule B) for my condition. Condition record is captured without quantity (only amount and material group)
  • This works… (last position is rounded to 1033,34) … but I can’t keep this solution. There is a scenario where customer may cancel his participation to the sub session… but we want to keep the “initial” amount repartition. In this case, system splits the total amount to the active items (1550 Eur if I cancel only one position). On this, I need to add sales capture is performed in CRM so there is no way to play with the “Statistical values” setting in the reason for rejection as we can do in ECC (this option doesn’t exist in CRM).  

I currently don’t know how to cope with this problematic so if you already faced such issue, I will be glad if you can share it with me…

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check whether OSS note  1481061 - Rounding Customizing in SD of any help?

Regards,

jemco01
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Well, this is not exactly my issue.

I don't want the final amount of my sales document matches with a rounding rule based on currency/company code for the net amount.

I want the sum of all my items match with the amount captured on the condition record...

Thanks anyway... 

Jean-Marie