cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Expenses with Service Provider and Automatic Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Private Expense Type in Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts.

In TRIP- Travel Expense Report when I try to split credit card transaction in TRIP, with the wizard, I see that system is throwing errors, that Private Expenses not assigned to any Service Provider, example- AX (AMEX).

1. Do I have to assign AX as service provider in Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts

2. Do I have to assign Private Expense type during splitting of Private expenses in Private Expense Wizard? I see there is a list of expense types in the drop down in Priv Expense Wizard. Cant system determine automatically the Private Expense Type ?

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

1. Do I have to assign AX as service provider in Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts

If you maintain Service provider in "Assignment of Credit Card Transact.to Travel Expense Type", then yes you have assigned it as well in wage type assignment. In Wizart you try split or change assignment of another expense type and it seems it by pass it together with Service Provider assignment. 

Unfortunately for the second question I will be not able to answer.

But you can check for all expense types you use for AMEX card transaction in "Travel Expense Types for Receipt" in bottom, there you set "Allow Wizard for this Expense Type" assign your Private expense type.

SAP Help documentation for this field:

Expense Type for Private Shares

The receipt wizard uses this expense type to record the personal portion of an expense. This is required, in particular, when a receipt amount paid by credit card includes personal portions. In some cases, the company can be liable for such personal receipts. Therefore, they need to be recorded even when they are not reimbursed.

Use

In the view "Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts", you need to mark the expense type in this field as "private costs; no reimbursement to employee."

Example

Your employer has received, and paid, a hotel bill for EUR 450. The bill lists the cost of EUR 400 for the hotel room, and the cost of EUR 50 for personal expenditures.

The best way to record this with the receipt wizard is to enter the expense type for private receipts in the "Expense Type for Private Share" field, in addition to the expense type HOTL. Also, to be able to run the receipt wizard for expense type HOTL, you need to select the "Allow Wizard for This Expense Type" indicator.