Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC : Reuse in development

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It may be a basic question but would like to get some inputs on this.

I have a requirement for Inbound IDOC development scenario , Where i need to use custom IDOC : ZDEBMAS07 to post idocs into ECC

But the IDOC: ZCREMAS07 is being used in several interfaces( say for several countries ) we are posting this idoc into ECC.

My requirement is to enhance the IDOC: ZDEBMAS07 (i.e., adding few segments ) for one particular county (ex: Italy) and post this idoc to ECC.

The added segments are no use for remaining countries except for Italy interface.

I would like to know which option to follow from the below , so that it wont cause any impact and takes minimum time for the development.

1) Enhance the IDOC : ZDEBMAS07 by adding few segments in ECC and import it to PI.

Note : I am not using these added segments in any of the interfaces ( In mapping) except for Country Italy

Once i import into PI all the remaining interfaces that are using this IDOC will it cause any impact?

even if we wont use these segments in the mapping

2) Create an Extension of IDOC (Ex:- ZDEBMAS07_ITALY) in ECC and Import it to PI and use this extension idoc for Italy interface only.

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the newly created segment is optional and it doesn't disturb other existing segments then i don't think you'll have to modify all the existing mappings. They should work as-is without any issues.

It avoid's creation of new objects/configuration.

So give a try - re -import the IDOC and see everything works as expected.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Hareesh's advice to go for option 1. There was another similar thread just a few days back

PS: Btw, is it CREMAS or DEBMAS???

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs,

I will try with the option 1 and let you know.

Eng : Its DEBMAS .

Thanks

Sai

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Addition of new fields and re-importing the same idoc will not cause any inconsistencies for the other countries, However you need to map the new fields for Italy interface.

Regards,

Naveen.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs,

I have gone with option 1 and successfully done changes without causing any impact to the other countries.

Now the issue i am facing is :

I mapped accordingly to the newly added segments , But it is failing at the Receiver IDOC adapter level.

I am using the ICO and IDOC_AAE communication channel to post IDOC into ECC.

When i am trying to post IDOC with newly added segments it is failing at adapter level:

IDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocIllegalTypeException occurred while parsing IDocXML

When i post the IDOC without mapping newly segments , IDOC is getting posted to ECC.

Please let me where do i have to import the metadata for newly added segments in case of ICO(AAE) ?

I know that if it is through standard scenario , I can import the metadata in IDX2.

Thanks

Sai

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You can Reload the IDOC Meta data from Idoc Monitoring. Please refer the following for details:

Managing IDoc Metadata Using IDoc Metadata Monitor - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Page26:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5050119d-9c47-3110-eab0-d90ebd211...

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh and Azhar issues are resolved

Answers (0)