Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts on IDOC_AAE to AS2 Scenario.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have 2 queries on IDOC_AAE and AS2.(PI 7.31 dual stack)

1. Now in our IDOC_AAE to AS2 scenario we have setup IDOC_AAE communication channel with ICO and everything is working fine.we are receiving IDOC through communication channel, Now i have a doudt what about the earlier scenarios which are not using IDOC_AAE channel how will they be able to get the IDOC as these IDOC's are not available on abap stack, how does it identify on ECC that when an IDOC is triggered it has to pass thorough ABAP or JAVA stack ?as IDOC are not available on abap stack hopw will those scenario work?

2.Earlier we had an design like PI used to receive proxy and used to send this proxy by converting it as flat file in AS2 module for third party, now we have a requirement to send the IDOC XML to AS2 without conversion for the same party using the same existing connectivity details, we have completed this setup also  but as third is not ready with their mapping to receive the XML , if we try to send data will it fail in PI/Seeburger monitor or will it be successful ?

Br,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

1. Now in our IDOC_AAE to AS2 scenario we have setup IDOC_AAE communication channel with ICO and everything is working fine.we are receiving IDOC through communication channel, Now i have a doudt what about the earlier scenarios which are not using IDOC_AAE channel how will they be able to get the IDOC as these IDOC's are not available on abap stack, how does it identify on ECC that when an IDOC is triggered it has to pass thorough ABAP or JAVA stack ?as IDOC are not available on abap stack hopw will those scenario work?

--->> As per your comments the PI is 7.31 dual stack, so for ICO (java only) scenario you need to use IDOC_AAE sender channel in ICO. for pipeline step scenario no need for sender channel as it is will route through ABAP stack.

2.Earlier we had an design like PI used to receive proxy and used to send this proxy by converting it as flat file in AS2 module for third party, now we have a requirement to send the IDOC XML to AS2 without conversion for the same party using the same existing connectivity details, we have completed this setup also  but as third is not ready with their mapping to receive the XML , if we try to send data will it fail in PI/Seeburger monitor or will it be successful ?

--->> you can remove the module and message will be deliver to same partner without any issue.

regards,

Harish

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add on about (2) - PI/Seeburger monitor only provides status about the technical status of the data transfer via AS2. Whether the third party is ready with their mapping (or not) relates to application processing. Since the transfer via AS2 is asynchronous, there will not be any application response, so any application error during mapping on the third party side is not visible to the sender.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish / Eng ,

Thanks for your valuable input.

Regarding(2)

As i don't want to disturb  the earlier healthy interface so i have created a new AS2 communication channel with same connectivity details but no conversion modules used here as i don't have any conversion of XMl to flat but when i tried to test end to end i am getting below error in Seeburger adapter  .

parallel i tested the earlier interface and they are working fine .

Br,

Manoj

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try copying the earlier channel to a new one instead of creating from scratch. Then remove the module from the new one.

After that, update your receiver agreement/ICO to use the new one (this is just to test out the channel. You can change the RA/ICO back to the existing 'good' channel after testing)

Just want to eliminate any issues due to other configuration - there are other things like header mapping on RA, certificates etc. If you do just a 1-1 swap (temporarily) then you can know if your issue is caused by channel or other stuff.

Btw, can't really see your error, is there any other details on Seeburger Monitor or the corresponding message on PIMON message monitor?

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did as you suggested copying channel and removing modules but the result remains same.

and i don't have any other error other then the above screenshot , in AS2 communication channel also its successful.

And one more thing i forgot to mention .We are not using message subject in earlier or neither present communication channel we are using dynamic file name.

for earlier interface file name was generated from input payload.

And in new interface we have file name like ORDERS_XXXX.xml (XXXX is idoc number )  does it make any difference.

Br,

Manoj

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

The error message is not descriptive at all and at this point it's very difficult to analyse it further. My suggestion would be that you ask the third party if there have any logs on their side that would provide further info.

If you can't proceed further, I guess it would be better to just wait until the third party is ready with their setup to try again.

Rgds

Eng Swee

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Yes I am checking with third party to see whether they have received any error log in their see burger monitor will revert back once I get any response.

Thanks for your response

Br,

Manoj

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish /  Eng,

I still didn't get any response from third party , but parallely i tried checking on my side i found that in communication channel the below error :

But the message is in delivered status .

I am just using the report channel as well as sender agreement of earlier interface.

I tried creating new one but found that it affected earlier interface so i reverted back .

and also i am using dynamic file name here but in communication channel under dynamic configuration i cant't find the file name .

UDF :

Comm channel :

Comm channel monitoring :

Br,

Manoj

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check your config if the mapping containing the UDF is assigned correctly? Also, check the trace of the message to see if it is executing the correct OM/MM?

The UDF looks fine so you should be able to see it in the monitor. Make sure you are checking the payload of the pipeline step after the mapping.

Also, in the receiver channel, check "Use non-empty attributes"

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eng,

Bingo!! now I can see the file name I just changed the staging and logging in ICO from Global to scenario specific then I was able to see file name..

So all I left with now is the error in communication channel (Report_Error) as seen in above screenshot and internal  error in see-burger monitor.

Br,

Manoj

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Glad to know the filename part is ok.

Regarding the internal error, unfortunately I'm out of ideas - the error is too general so it's hard to know what is causing it. It could just be that the third party side is not ready - just a guess.

Rgds

Eng Swee

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng/Harish,

Internal error in see-burger monitor is sorted out now , it was due to incomplete setup from third party.

Thanks for you input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. IDOC routing to new system and old system depends on we20 partner profile settings. you can define the recevier port and route your idocs.

you cannot trigger same idoc to 2 different PO system.