Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a Protected Variant from a UserID that has been Deleted

former_member203007
Participant
0 Kudos

Basically what the title says - how would someone delete a protected variant that was created by a user that is no longer at the company? IE - the UserID was deleted.

My only guess would be to just recreate that UserID > delete the variant > then re-delete that UserID....thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you put the title into google then you will also find report RSVARENT, along with the warnings about how to use it (empty selection screen deletes all protection!) and the little known transaction VARCH and how to use it for variants without being able to execute it.

Cheers 🙂

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you put the title into google then you will also find report RSVARENT, along with the warnings about how to use it (empty selection screen deletes all protection!) and the little known transaction VARCH and how to use it for variants without being able to execute it.

Cheers 🙂

Julius

0 Kudos

Yea I saw those but wanted to make sure that my Google findings aligned with and possibly verified by my own question on SCN. I thought that was good practice, but perhaps I am wrong..

I'll check those options out and post back. Any thoughts on re-created the deleted UserID and deleting the protected variant?

0 Kudos

Well, if you use RSVARENT then you do not need to disturb the peaceful rest of retired (or deleted) user IDs, nor being accused of using their user IDs to see their old workflows and ESS data etc.

For exactly that reason you should also not delete user IDs, but rather have unique names and retire them (dedicated user group, locked, role removed, check that they are not running any periodic jobs, etc).

Cheers,

Julius