cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery being created with no physical stock

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I have a real problem that I cannot work out. Despite me checking everything multiple times I cannot seem to find the reason why SAP is allowing deliveries to be created without any physical stock.

Let me give you an example of what is happening. It is only the availability check when creating delivery that I have a problem with

We have regular PO's scheduled with external suppliers. When checking availability for Sales order check I want the system to take these in to account and also when creating delivery. The reason for this is I do not want a delivery that is due for tomorrow to not be created because a sales order that is due out in 4 weeks time is taking the stock when I have some scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks time. The problem I have is that if I have a Po dated in the past or if we want to create a delivery against a sales order that is dated on the future, and we have no physical stock, the delivery will create based on the Po quantity and expected arrival date

Ultimately what i want is for no delivery to be able to be created if no physical stock is available. As far as I can see I have all the parameters checked correctly

Can anyone help

Regards

Martin Farrimond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To meet your requirement, you have to look carefully in the setting of ovz9.

You requirement is quite complex. What I understand is:

1. you don't want the SO requirement in future affect the creation of delivery.
2. you don't want that the delivery being created without physical stock.

3. you don't want to consider the PO inward movement in the past.

Am I right?

I think, maybe you should look in to "Receipts in past" field in the setting of ovz9.

T441V-RPAST.

regards,

Harry

0 Kudos

Hi Harry

Thank you so much that has fixed the problem. I can't believe I have missed that!!

Many Thanks

Regards

Martin Farrimond

0 Kudos

Hi Harry

Apologies for this. That has half fixed my problem. The problem I am now left with is this:

We often create deliveries for sales orders a few days in advance so the warehouse can pre pick. I have a sales order for an item with Zero stock that is due out in 10 days time. the PO is scheduled to arrive in 5 days time. SAP is allowing us to create delivery against that order even though we have no physical stock. I don't want it to do that. I don't want the system to be ever allowed to create a delivery with no physical stock regardless of scheduled PO's

Does that make sense

Regards

Martin

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Maybe you can re-thing about your setting in ovz9.

For delivery: check rule B), you may only  consider physical stock and delivery requirement and ignore all the other inward/outward movements.

That might not sounds perfect. However, if physical stock is  very essential for delivery creation, you can do it this way.

regards,

Harry

0 Kudos

Hi Harry

I really need the Delivery creation availability check to perform exactly the same as the sales order availability check. The only difference is that if there is no physical stock, even if ATP shows available due to some inward stock movements, it will not allow delivery creation. Let me try to explain further

Includes inwards movements on both availability checks

Physical stock 1

Order No 2 for qty 1 is due for delivery tomorrow

Purchase Order  for 1 is due for delivery in 2 days time

Order No 1 for qty 1 is due for delivery in 3 days time

Sales order check says both orders are Ok as we have 1 in stock for order No 2 and we have 1 due in time to deliver order No 1. We can create delivery for order No 2 because we have physical stock but SAP will also now allow us to create delivery at the same time for order No 1 despite now having no physical stock, because Po is due.

In this scenario I want the SAP to not allow creation of delivery for order No 1 because despite having product due to arrive we have no physical stock

If I change my settings on the delivery av check to not include purchase orders SAP will not allow creation of delivery of order No 2 because we only have physical stock of 1 and based on order creation dates that will go to order No 1. We do not want this to happen because if we are expecting product in we want the order that is due out for immediate delivery to go

The reason this creates a problem for us is that we often have to create deliveries against sales orders that are future dated to give the warehouse time to pick and build them, so even though we only intend to deliver the order to the customer in 5 days time we need to start to build that straight away. Now if we have no physical stock but have PO's scheduled to arrive we can create delivery which the warehouse then try to pick but stock is not there. I want SAP to not allow creation of delivery

I hope that makes sense

Regards

Martin

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that it might not be possible to achieve that via standard customizing.

You may have to develop your own logic in userexit.

You may read this KBA 1644443 for more information about userexit in ATP check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Did you activate negative stock option either in Material Master(sales general plant), Storage location or valuation area. normally this allow posting with out quantity.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin,

Have you tested with delivery item category, AvailChkOff = blank?

TW

0 Kudos

Hi There

Thanks for the reply. Yes the Avail check off is blank in the delivery item category already. I have also got Check Quantity 0 set to "B"

Regards

Martin