Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Delivery being created with no physical stock

Hi Everyone

I have a real problem that I cannot work out. Despite me checking everything multiple times I cannot seem to find the reason why SAP is allowing deliveries to be created without any physical stock.

Let me give you an example of what is happening. It is only the availability check when creating delivery that I have a problem with

We have regular PO's scheduled with external suppliers. When checking availability for Sales order check I want the system to take these in to account and also when creating delivery. The reason for this is I do not want a delivery that is due for tomorrow to not be created because a sales order that is due out in 4 weeks time is taking the stock when I have some scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks time. The problem I have is that if I have a Po dated in the past or if we want to create a delivery against a sales order that is dated on the future, and we have no physical stock, the delivery will create based on the Po quantity and expected arrival date

Ultimately what i want is for no delivery to be able to be created if no physical stock is available. As far as I can see I have all the parameters checked correctly

Can anyone help

Martin Farrimond

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question