Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Change for UD Stock Posting to Unrestricted

mkpuyaoan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I just wanted to check if Storage Location change via user-exit is possible. My requirement is to change  storage location A to storage location B during UD stock posting to unrestricted stocks. This requirement is to avoid user manually changing storage location in QA11 as they will usually forget doing this. I am exploring use of QEVA0001, however, it seems that this is not being called when ud stock posting is to unrestriced (VMENGE01). Are there any other options possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Puyaoan,

The first possibility is to work with the said exit (QEVA0001  Enhancement: Quantity posting for usage decision) is correct. If VMENGE01 is not getting triggered then you should work with ABAP team to fix it.

Alternatively, you can try the below steps too -

a) Activate stock posting in background for UD code "A" or "R" in QS51. This will move the entire stock (not partial stock) form QI  => Unrestricted or QI => Blocked, in the picked storage location.

Please check the thread for more details - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3717344

NOTE: In case if this is done, then I think 'VMENGE01' should be called in background automatically and your exit QEVA0001 should now start working.

b) Activate follow-up action linked to UD code "A" or "R", so that once this stock posting is complete, the follow-up action should triggered Tx MB1B/MvT 311.

Please try using this step b), only when your exit enhancement & step a) combination is not working.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puyaoan, QEVA0001 is the correct user exit to be used. Please check if it was activated, put a breakpoint on the source code and then see if it gets executed when you save the UD. BR, Julio.