Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher: Client IP information

Alexander_S
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm using SAP Web Dispatcher 7.42 SP 110 for NWBC load balancing.

Configured wdisp/ssl_encrypt=0 and in ERP system HTTPURLLOC pointing to the Web Dispatcher.

It is working as expected but with one big drawback: In sm04/al08 all connections now have the Web Dispatcher IP as 'Terminal'. And even in 'Technical Information' the gui host is empty.

Is there any chance to get these information (IP of the Gui) forwarded into the ERP system? It would be quite complicate to look up these information from Web Dispatcher Administration.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

You could setup logging parameters to log client IP address into SMICM logs of ERP, however (now that you described the peculiar behavior ) not sure if that will generate the client's ip or web dispatcher IP.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can configure logging in parameters icm/HTTP/logging_<xx> (for incoming requests) andicm/HTTP/logging_client_<xx> (for outgoing requests).

Logging in the ICM and Web Dispatcher - Internet Communication Manager (ICM) - SAP Library

But I don't think this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

While looking at the help documentation, out of curiosity, I stumbled on the following link:

Defining Modification Actions - Internet Communication Manager (ICM) - SAP Library

I think you can get the remote IP, by modifying the incoming requests on the SAP Web dispatcher and introducing or replacing HTTP header fields that provide details of IP.

Not sure how it works, but it would be great if you can play around with this and let everyone know if works.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Siddhesh