cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver can implement SSO on my web site?

0 Kudos

Hi experts! I hope you can help me solve an issue that I have.

I want to extend SSO with SAP NetWeaver to my web site but I don't know how nor what I need to do on my web site to support it

Hope you can give me a hand with this,

Grateful

Jose.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing good.

I hope I understood the issue   correctly; you need SSo from portal to your other 3rd party engine. SAPSSOEXT will be useful for this.

Please first have a look at the options mentioned in:

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/12/9f244183bb8639e10000000a1550b0/content.htm>

Also, make sure that you are on the latest SAPSSOEXT as mentioned in note 1929803. SAPSSOEXT contains example coding, as well as example data - please first verify your solution with the sample data provided with SAPSSOEXT.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth, Thanks for your reply!

Looks like that's what I need, non the less I'm having trouble to identify the files that I have to download (documentation and library), I'm really new with SAP and don't have much experience,

Hope you can help me Hemanth,

Best,

Jose

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Hope you are doing good. Basically the steps are:

- download and deploy the SAP library SAPSSOEXT to manage the SSO in 3rd party application.

- develop a piece of code to read SSO ticket using this SAP library in 3rd party application; SAPSSOEXT contains example coding that can be used.

- export the SSO certificate from SAP portal and import it in 3rd party application.

If there are any issues, we will check the logs.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos

Hi again Hemanth,

Thanks for your explanation, I think I manage the basics, what I can't do is find the files that I need, the library and the documentation of it, I download what I think is the lib (SAPSSOEXT_11-10002921 (1).SAR)

But that was the .sar only and did not have any sample code or any documentation as de page you gave me says, can you help me find that? Its really awkward to ask something like this, hope you dont mind

Thanks for your help Hemanth

Best,

Jose

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No problem Jose .

The files are inside the .SAR file. Just uncar it using the sapcar utility.

SAPCAR -XVF <filename.sar>
For more info:

SAPCAR (CAR) - the ZIP-Utility of SAP - How does it work ?

and

http://itsiti.com/list-extract-compress-using-sapcar

You can download sapcar from SMP.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Answers (0)