cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B2B dashboard monitoring and it's features with examples/screenshots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm looking for SAP B2B dashboard monitoring and it's features with examples/screenshots. Can you guys help to detail it out pls

thx

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_bundschuh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have the impression that there is some misunderstanding wrt b2b monitoring in PI/PO. Let me shed some light into this.

The b2b monitoring as part of the b2b add-on and PI is actually an enhancement of the standard message monitor in PI. We have implemented a b2b view which shows you the b2b specific attributes such as sender id, ack status, interchange number, etc., instead of the PI specific information such as message GUID, sender party and component, etc. In addition, you can search the messages based on the b2b specific attributes. This works in tight integration with the Trading Partner Management (TPM) that we ship together with the b2b add-on where those partner specific attributes are maintained. You can access the b2b view either directly via the url mentioned above,.i.e., with alias /b2bmon or you can go to PI message monitoring via alias /pimon, this opens the a2a view, from here you can switch to the b2b view.

The b2b view is only available as of 7.4 SP9 and b2b add-on SP4 as mentioned in the note 1815991 - Enhanced Local Message Monitor for B2B Messages. Since you are on a lower SP, this is the reason that you cannot see it.

Whereas the local monitoring in PI gives you a status overview of your messages processed on the very PI runtime component, the Message Flow Monitor in SAP Solution Manager can be used for tracking your message from end-to-end, i.e., it provides you the status on each runtime component that the message goes through. Here, we also do support b2b scenarios. Like in the local b2b view, we show the ack status for technical and functional acks as well. Furthermore, we have built in a b2b specific search based on the TPM attributes.

I planned to write a blog on the new b2b view but haven't found the time so far, so stay tuned.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Answer Alex. This is exactly I wanted. Awaiting for your blog pls

thx

mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you be more specific?

Are you looking for B2B monitoring within SAP PO or more within SAP Solution Manager (e.g Message Flow Monitoring, PI monitoring, ...)

Also, what SAP PI or PO system do you have and if you want to know more about SAP Solution Manager, what system do you have available.

Some (more recent) features are only available on more recent SAP PO and Solution Manager system releases.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dmitri for replying.

I was looking at this OSS note 1815991 - Enhanced Local Message Monitor for B2B Messages. Are they talking about message flow monitoring ? The URL is http://scn.sap.com/b2bmon but when I went to this URL, its taking me to same message monitoring within PO. We are in PO 7.4 SP6 and Solman 7.2 SP14 (BASIS Component) and Solman & ECC ST-PI 2008_1_* plugin are SP11.

I have one more issue we are facing here. We have configured Message flow monitoring in Solman and is configured as per your blog

but the messages coming over to message flow monitoring and PO message monitoring are not in sync which means the number of messages we have in message flow is not matching with PO message monitoring count. For instance, MFM shows 4  orders going to PO, but ECC shows a total of 15 in a 03 (sent) status (two are in status 30).  There are pending flows for orders (9 in total) some of which should be in the completed section of MFM. So, what exactly is going on here? any idea?

Lastly, can I get screenshots and examples of b2b monitoring if it is different from MFM.

thx

mike

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The big advantage for monitoring on SAP PO is the availability of acknowledgements and related messages. So, from a technical perspective, PO monitoring is more useful.

From a business or functional perspective, monitoring on Solution Manager could be more useful.

Concerning the delta between PO and MFmon: the feed to Solution Manager is delayed and therefore you see not the same number of messages on both system. I will try to find out what causes that. Probably a background job fetching data into MFmon.

B2B monitoring example (within the EDI context):

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Dimitri.

As  I said before, we are in PO 7.4 SP6 and Solman 7.2 SP14 (BASIS Component) and Solman & ECC ST-PI 2008_1_* plugin are SP11. I am not able to see the screen in your screenshot when I go to this url http://scn.sap.com/b2bmon

Also, I understand there is a delta but I'm talking about having the delta for ever. How come?

thx

mike

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange URL you are providing. I didn't know SCN has a B2B monitor built in

Seriously, please have a look at the message monitoring within SAP PO. It is all there.

Strange you have a permanent delta. Perhaps let SAP check your system?

Also, do you have the payload available in the MFmon?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the strange URL It is host: port/ url and that's where I went and I didn't see the columns related to B2B there. I checked the hidden colmns and nothing there which are in your screenshot

I am not able to see the payload in MFM. Whats the oss reply from SAP?

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps you mean http://host:port/pimon

But check the message monitoring. I'm sure you will find back all you need. Of course you need to configure your B2B add-on to enable acknowledgements (both technical and functional).

As soon SAP replies, I will certainly update my blog. Stay tuned!.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure ..thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dimitri,

Did you get any reply from SAP? Also, can you please show me the path to go to the screenshot for b2b monitor. I am seriously not finding the b2b monitoring tool attached to message monitoring. Tried to look for all hidden colmns but no luck

thx

mike

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

My OSS call is still in processing by SAP. Keep you posted on that one.

Go to the message monitoring -> database tab. Make sure you have messages selected where acknowledgements are being exchanged.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

This thread is long ago, but I was wondering if you know about a certain setting that is needed before the B2B MON is populated? I can open the B2B monitor, but I dont see any entries in it - even though I have enabled TPM, and is using acknowledgements. I can see the that TPM is working and acknowledements set:

10/7/2016 01:30:17.552 PM Information TPM AckHandler Module: Processing started

10/7/2016 01:30:17.552 PM Information TPM AckHandler Module: successfully retrieved sender information from payload: sender ID=[altered] sender Qual=14

10/7/2016 01:30:19.816 PM Information TPM AckHandler Module: Sender party: B2B_DE_Customer found for party ID=[altered] party Qual=14.

10/7/2016 01:30:21.674 PM Information TPM AckHandler Module: Processing finished

10/7/2016 01:30:21.674 PM Information TPM AckHandler Module: Receiver party: B2B_SELF found for party ID=[altered] party Qual=14.

10/7/2016 01:30:21.674 PM Information TPM AckHandler Module: Selected TPM Agreement is: EANCOM:ORDERS:96A:EANCOM:D:UN

And B2B Acknowledegment is logged.

But nothing in the B2B view:

Any ideas what I could be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Emil

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emil,

Do you have module localejbs/EDISearchParametersModule in place?

Kind regards,

Dimitri