cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during BW 7.4 execution phase - RUN_OFFLINE_MIGRATION

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue with java upgrade in execution phase and in step RUN_OFFLINE_MIGRATION.

Upgrading from 7.01 SPS16 to 7.4 SP9

Below is the error popping up on SUM tool.

"Could not execute migration controllers for action migrate.database;migrate.deploy;migrate.engine.data;migrate.default.data and scenario calculated executed in slot . Error while processing migration list \SUM\sdt\data\mig\MIGRATIONAUSF.LST. Could not migrate some archives from migration list.Possible reason is Database is down.Check if database running Error during migration of archive \SUM\sdt\data\mig\DEPLOYARCHIVES\sap.com~tc~je~webservices~migration.sda which has been extracted to directory /SUM/sdt/migtool/sap.com~tc~je~webservices~migration.Possible reason is Database is down.Check if database running Could not execute MTI process. See log files \SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_09.OUT and \SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_09.ERR. Return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action RUN_MTI. Error during migration of archive \SUM\sdt\data\mig\DEPLOYARCHIVES\icm_migration.sda which has been extracted to directory /SUM/sdt/migtool/icm_migration.Possible reason is Database is down.Check if database running Could not execute MTI process. See log files \SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_09.OUT and \SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_09.ERR. Return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action RUN_MTI. "

Find attached JMT_FRAMEWORK_*.ERR and JMT_FRAMEWORK_*.out to analyse the logs.

Hoping for a quick reply. Thanks in advance !!!

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks to All trying to help with this.

The issue is resolved by dropping the extra server node from Config tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am also facing the same issue. As per the resolution, I removed the extra server node as well but still facing the same issue.

Do anybody have any other solution?

Thanks & Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish.

I too had a problem in step RUN_OFFLINE_MIGRATION.  The log files contain the same errors as noted in this thread.  The solution suggested as per OSS note 1915023 did not resolve the problem.  In log file MTI_COM_SAP_SECURITY_MIGRATION_ENGINE_DATA_MC*.ERR, I found the following text:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

com.sap.security.core.migration.com_sap_security_migration.engine_data_mcerr [Thread[main,5,main]] Error: Error while migrating

controller com.sap.security.core.migration.UMEServiceRFCDataController. CSN component - BC-JAS-SEC-UME . Reason: The RFC connection data in the source sy

stem are conflicting because they contain data for direct server connection (ASHOST/SYSNR) as well as for load balanced connection (MSGHOST/GROUP/R3NAME)

. This set of data cannot be migrated. If the source engine does not use ABAP connectivity any more, clear these properties. If the source engine still uses ABAP connectivity, choose one of the possible connection types (direct or load balanced) by clearing the other set of properties.

com.sap.security.core.migration.com_sap_security_migration.engine_data_mcerr [Thread[main,5,main]] Error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The solution for me was found in the troubleshooting guide:

(SUM) RUN-OFFLINE-MIGRATION Solution page - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

which refers us to OSS note 1383004.  The UME configuration is pointing to an ABAP backend and has both the message server and primary application host defined.  As per the note, I removed the PAS host and system number and repeated the failed step.

Mary-Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Could you please help with the solution as I am facing the same issue, after the same scenario.

Regards

Baranedharan S.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Please check the database ,It is up and running and it is possible to connect to DB.

BR

AKJ

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I forget to mention that we have split up the java stack with option of keep database. As of now we were unable to see any java stack listed in SAP MMC as it is in downtime phase and SID is moved to SUM/sdt/system/<SID> and the services for the java instance have been disabled.

We are able to connect to DB from command prompt.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Please post correct and latest log , it seems these log not relevant for this issue.

BR

AKJ

0 Kudos

Hi AKJ,

We have tried to repeat the step and find recent logs below.

Find the recent error below

"Could not execute migration controllers for action migrate.database;migrate.deploy;migrate.engine.data;migrate.default.data and scenario calculated executed in slot . Error while processing migration list I:\SUM\sdt\data\mig\MIGRATIONAUSF.LST. Could not migrate some archives from migration list.Possible reason is Database is down.Check if database running Error during migration of archive I:\SUM\sdt\data\mig\DEPLOYARCHIVES\sap.com~tc~je~webservices~migration.sda which has been extracted to directory I:/SUM/sdt/migtool/sap.com~tc~je~webservices~migration.Possible reason is Database is down.Check if database running Could not execute MTI process. See log files I:\SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_11.OUT and I:\SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_11.ERR. Return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action RUN_MTI. Error during migration of archive I:\SUM\sdt\data\mig\DEPLOYARCHIVES\icm_migration.sda which has been extracted to directory I:/SUM/sdt/migtool/icm_migration.Possible reason is Database is down.Check if database running Could not execute MTI process. See log files I:\SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_11.OUT and I:\SUM\sdt\log\SWITCH\JMT_FRAMEWORK_11.ERR. Return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action RUN_MTI."

JMT_Framework_11.ERR

Warning: validation was turned on but an org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler was not

set, which is probably not what is desired.  Parser will use a default

ErrorHandler to print the first 10 errors.  Please call

the 'setErrorHandler' method to fix this.

Error: URI=null Line=2: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'migration'.

Error: URI=null Line=2: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'migration'.

JMT_FRAMEWORK_11.OUT

INFO: Start

INFO: Loading tool launcher...

INFO: [OS: Windows Server 2008 R2] [VM vendor: SAP AG] [VM version: 1.6.0_91] [VM type: SAP Java Server VM]

WARNING: File "I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~frame~impl.jar" stated but not found

INFO: Main class to start: "com.sap.sdt.jmtx.migrationtool.MigrationToolImport"

INFO: Loading 21 JAR files: [I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_serviceframework.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_jmt.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sdt~sfrmw~api.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sdt~jmt~api.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~je~configuration~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~exception~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~iqlib~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~logging~java~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sapxmltoolkit~sapxmltoolkit.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~jkernel_configuration~frame.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~jkernel_util~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~config.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_util.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_tools.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_ucp.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_trace.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sec~csi.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\data\jdbc\db2jcc.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\data\jdbc\db2jcc_license_cu.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\tools\iaik_javax_crypto.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\tools\iaik_jce.jar]

INFO: [OS: Windows Server 2008 R2] [VM vendor: SAP AG] [VM version: 1.6.0_91] [VM type: SAP Java Server VM]

WARNING: File "I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~frame~impl.jar" stated but not found

INFO: Loading 21 JAR files: [I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_serviceframework.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_jmt.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sdt~sfrmw~api.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sdt~jmt~api.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~je~configuration~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~exception~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~iqlib~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~logging~java~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sapxmltoolkit~sapxmltoolkit.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~jkernel_configuration~frame.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~jkernel_util~impl.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~config.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_util.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_tools.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_ucp.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sdt_trace.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\sap.com~tc~sec~csi.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\data\jdbc\db2jcc.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\data\jdbc\db2jcc_license_cu.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\tools\iaik_javax_crypto.jar, I:\SUM\sdt\lib\tools\iaik_jce.jar]

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check MIGRATIONAUSF.LST and post which all archive have problem.

You need to skip if required.

BR

AKJ

0 Kudos

Hi AKJ,

Thanks for your quick responses.

Migrationausf.lst file exists in the location that was provided and is accessible.

below is file content . Just my doubt - Does it contains the archives list that can't be deployed?

DEPLOYARCHIVES/par_war_migration_controller.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~caf~migration~controller.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/servlet_jsp_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/pcd_upgrade.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/prtc_properties_migration_controller.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~pmi~migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~caf~eu~gp~model~migr.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/rfcengine.migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~j2eefrmw_services_propmigration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~tc~je~webservices~migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~tc~jms~migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/wssec_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~tc~kmc~cfg~jmt~jup.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~tc~kmc~rf~ridid~jmt.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~tc~kmc~rf~ummig~jmt.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/com.sap.nw.wpc.mgr_mc_sda.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/com.sap.lcr_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/com.sap.rprof.dbprofiles_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/com.sap.aii.af.ms.svc.migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/apps_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/com.sap.security.migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/deploy_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/http_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/icm_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~jkernel_propmigration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~servercore_services_propmigration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/sap.com~tc~je~log~configurator~migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/security.migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/ds_migration.sda

DEPLOYARCHIVES/webdynpro~migration.sda

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Hope you are doing good.
There is a known issue with the upgrade which leads to this behaviour. Check the note  1915023 - A configuration with the path "destinations/NW04_MIGRATION/NW04" does already exist and whether you are getting the same error in the other logs (90% times this is the issue).

If above is not the case, is the DB actually up and running? It is not actually mentioned which DB you are using, but you can employ tools like the JdbcCheckup connection tool (as mentioned in SAP Note No. 509719) so that we can ascertain whether the connection between the DB and the J2ee server nodes is fine.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

We are facing the same problem. Were you able to resolve the issue...?

Regards

Rahul Deo

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

Please create a new thread  , with the error logs

Thanks ,

Manu