cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages getting stuck in "To be delivered" status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is a SuccessFactor (SFSF) adapter to Soap scenario in ICO. (PO7.31)

It was working fine. But some messages were stuck in "Delivering". I'm not able to cancel them because of their status. Here is the log.

Now subsequent messages from SFSF adapter are going in "To Be delivered" status.

Please suggest how this can be corrected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

Check out my blog below detailing how to handle messages in To Be Delivered and Delivering status.

Most likely the threads on your SFSF have maxed out. Since you are using ICO, try stopping the sender channel to release the threads - in your case it would be the SFSF channels.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I'll go through your blog. We had restarted channel and PI system and that did not helped. Do we need to specifically restart SFSF adapter. If this is what you meant it would be good if you can provide the steps. Thanks

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

You need to identify the blockage. Follow the steps on Troubleshooting on the blog. Identify which messages are in Delivering, and check the Engine status. My guess is that the Send queue of your SFSF adapter will have threads assigned/working = max threads.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Check the below SAP Note.

1623356 - "To be delivered" messages in Adapter Engine

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that the last step in the audit log? I mean executing the mapping?

Did you try stopping the channel and see if the message goes into error state?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is the last step,

Channel stopped and started again. Java instance was also restarted again. But issue exists.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even after restarting the java instance? That's strange..

Can you try restarting the SFSF application?

go to http:// host : port /nwa/start-stop -> Java applications -> search for SFSF.

Also try increasing the time out for the same application. This can be done

http:// host : port/nwa/sys-config -> Applications -> search for SFSF -> you should see timeout attribute

Configuring SFSF Adapter Sender Channel - Configuring the Communication Channels with the SFSF Adapt...

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree, it's weird that a J2EE restart did not resolve it.

Actually, the blockage might be due to the target SOAP application having connectivity issue. It's just that for single stack/ICO, the threads used to process the messages are on the sender side instead of the receiver side - so a blockage on the receiver application causes a blockage on the adapter type of the sender channel (it sounds weird, but that's the way it works for ICO),

What is the target SOAP system? Check if there is connection issue to the SOAP application. Also increase the timeout for the SOAP adapter.