Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL export for loadbalancing server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont find any way to export load balancing Portal server certificate. Lets say, the server PER1.domain.net and PER2.domain.net are load balanced to PER.domain.net. I have successfully exported the certificate of PER1.domain.net and PER2.domain.net but I don't find any way to export load balancing server certificate (i.e PER.domain.net). My portal version is 7.3. We are using Web dispatcher for load balancing

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_69416
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to find .pse files on file system.

SECUDIR environment variable can help you.

Default place is: /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/sec

Execute command for export:

sapgenpse export_own_cert -o <output_file> -p <PSE_name> [-x <PIN>]

Regards

Przemek

7 REPLIES 7

Private_Member_69416
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to find .pse files on file system.

SECUDIR environment variable can help you.

Default place is: /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/sec

Execute command for export:

sapgenpse export_own_cert -o <output_file> -p <PSE_name> [-x <PIN>]

Regards

Przemek

0 Kudos

Hi

Which system I need to run this command

As informed, I have two application server and I have already export the certificate for these server. Only Load balancing is remaining and there is no server for load balancing and its being done from Web Dispatcher 

0 Kudos

On web dispatcher.

In general there is a configuration file (sapwebdisp.pfl) where you can find configured destination for pse store.

0 Kudos

Thanks  a lot for a helpful answer.

Just one more help needed. When I run the command sapgenpse to export the certificate it asks me for a PIN. Unfortunately I don't remember the pin. How can I resolve this issue

0 Kudos

try to start it as <sid>adm user.

Or other user used by web dispatcher

0 Kudos

Hi

I start the command using <sid>adm user. Cant I reset the password without knowing the old password ?

0 Kudos

User running web dispatcher have entry in SSO-Credentials and have access to pse without pin.

Somehow web dispatcher must to know the pse content. Maybe other user than <sid>adm is used.

The pin protects pse from unauthorized access. You can guess it or recreate pse from scratch.

You can also mess with cred_v2 file where sso credentials are stored, but I can't help you with this.