Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in TP Profile

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have configured STMS between DEV,QAS and PRD systems and it was working fine without any issues. we have shared trans directory in DEV server. DEV is the domain controller in the landscape. OS is Windows 2008 R2, SAP NW 7.31/7.4, DB is Oracle 11g

Last week, we encountered unexpected power shutdown in the data center and we started the servers. since that day we are facing an tp error in STMS configuration. it is showing error could not read the tp profile file however the <sid>adm of quality has full authorization in the shared trans directory.

We deleted the STMS configuration and tried to reconfigure but could not read/write file DOMAIN.CFG and TP profiles. we have restarted the windows server 2008 R2 and tried, it was working.

now, quite frequently we are getting an issue with STMS as tp profile read error. we have to manually restart the server to resolve the issue.

we noticied that group policy error in the event log and resolved but still getting the same error. Please find attached screenshots. Please find the error below, it says transdir not set but it is already set in the profile.

Do we need to check anything in windows level.

Error:

This is tp version 380.13.51 (release 721, unicode enabled)

E-\\DEV\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL could not be opened.

EXIT

Error in \\DEV\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL: transdir not set.

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 0

ERRORS: Highest tp internal error was: 0208

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Everything ok if I run the report in QAS system (after the OS restart) however the same report was giving the negative result when the issue is occured, like" could not create file, read file" etc.,

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you do a work around like create the QASADM and SAPServiceQAS local user and assign the same password as like domain.

Provide the permission for the trans directories as like domain/QASADM and domain/SAPServiceQAS. Then ran the test again. If it is sucessfull then it is purely on the domain users only.

Regards,

Raja. G

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Sure, Thanks a lot for your input. I will try when error occur again and update.

Thanks a lot.

Pradeep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja and all,

The issue was with domain. The server was not synchronized with AD properly. It has been resolved by windows team.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also ran the RSTPTEST program from QAS and test the same.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

1. On your dev system(TMS Domain Controller s) are you able to access the SAP share folder?

2. On Domain controller(Dev system) could you check the all the system status are showing as green?

3. On SAP landscape have enable the firewall or UAC or an Antivirus software installed?

BR

SS

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

1. On your dev system(TMS Domain Controller s) are you able to access the SAP share folder?

Yes, I am able to access the folder.

2. On Domain controller(Dev system) could you check the all the system status are showing as green?

Yes, all the systems are active and able to import the TR after the restart of Windows OS.

3. On SAP landscape have enable the firewall or UAC or an Antivirus software installed?

Yes, UAC is enabled and Antivirus is running but we have not faced this issue earlier since both UAC and antivirus are active from few months back. we are facing this issue since couple of week.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Have you checked, whether the trans shared directory is able to access from QAS server.

this is due to unable to access the .PFL file from DC

Balaji

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Yes, I am able to access the shared directory from QAS when error is happening. I could also read or write the files manually.

I logged in with <sid>adm of QAS into DEV host and tried to access the files, it was also successful. but the error is showing in the STMS_IMPORT /STMS transactions.

If i restart the OS of QAS, the issue is getting resolved for sometime.

Any clue, where we can check or correct the error?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Restarting fixing the issue temporarily is the catch over here. Also check the ENV variables of the OS level users.

Is it an domain installation? If it so maybe after restart updating the domain profiles causing some issues.

Can you ask your windows team to analyze the event viewer and other OS related logs?

Also you can check the trans directory permission.

As a worst case scenario you can reconfigure the STMS configuration and check.

Regards,

Raja. G

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes, it is domain installation. Environment variables seem ok. I hope, need to check domain profiles/group policy as you suggested.

I have added "Everyone" for Trans directory and provided full permission to the user ID. Also ensured, <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> of QAS included in the trans directory permission list with full access.

I have requested Windows admin team to check the issue. I will update if I get any error log in eventlog.

Thanks a lot for your help

Thanks,

Pradeep