cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After CHnageing the Company name under Master Data in Sourcing it is not getting reflected in Mail Configuration.

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have chnaged the company name in SAP sourcing  Setup>Master Data>Companies.

But I t is not reflecting in Mail COnfiguration part by which i trigger mail it is reflecting the previous company only.

I have refresed the Cache under System information but still it is not gettign reflected.

Can some help me with High Priority.

Thanks

Peeyush Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

Now I am facing some different issue but in same context.

The issue is:i have change the company name with ID and name of the company.

In SAP sourcing When I am creating RFx newely COmpany name is appearing as new company name as expected.

But in CLM When I am creating a master agreement then this document company name is replecting the old one only.

Can you help me how which will be resolved

Thanks

Peeyush Ranjan

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

This behaviour is also expected in case you duplicate the MA or create MA from template.

My suggestion is to go through Note 1992162 and execute the "Synchronize Object References" program. This will update the standard referenced fields with the new company name.

Bogdan

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Thanks for you suggestion .

Can you please tell me how to do the sbove step.As I am beginer to SAP sourcing

Thanks

Peeyush

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peeyush,

All details and steps are available in Note 1992162. If you are on hosted system you need to ask SAP Support to execute; if you are on premise you need to ask your system/app administrator.

Bogdan

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for Help.

Thanks

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

Gut Quick question like.As I change the company name unser Maste data in Sourcing /CLM

.Should I change the External _Id also?.

Thanks

Peeyush Ranjan

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is up to you if you want to change the External ID.

Impact from this is minimal.

Bogdan

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan, One Interesting thing I found related to Replication of company name. I have mentioned some points below. 1)I have changed the company name Under setup>Master Data>Compaines. 2)Now I navigated to creatting any document like Pproject or RFx,I found that It was not reflecting the new company name.THIS WAS MY ISSUE 3)Now I navigated to Setup > User Account I tried to chnage the company name inside my user account.SO I was picking the new company name what I have created but after picking form the picker and saving the doc it was still reflecting the old company still. 4)For the issue 3 I created a dummy company again in Setup>Masterdata>companies now I was able to pick the company name in user sccount and able to save it correctly .Then I deactivated the dummy company . 5)Now As inside my user account, Company name changed,at a same time when I am trying to created the any Proejct ot RFx(point 2).There It is getting reflected by new company name. Now I have doubt for point number 3 .when I  change the compnay name we have created the dummy company name to reflect or there is some way to direclty reflect without doing the picking option . And 2ndly How this chnage I will move to production. I think I have expressed the real scenerio.Please help me. Thanks Peeyush Ranjan

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Very interesting results indeed! So business documents are actually picking up the company name from the user account by copying the ObjRef -  this is why 'old' name appears. It is good to now, thank you for pointing this out.

To answer some of your points:

3. Yes, this is again expected behaviour. Because the company reference is actually the same, it will not update it! (even if it has a new name, the internal ID is the same one).

4. Correct, if you cycle through companies it will do:

RealCompany(oldName) -> DummyCompany(...) -> RealCompany(newName).

5. The best option you have for this scenario for moving to PROD is:

a) Change Company Name

b) Implement Note 1992162

c) enjoy a coffee as nothing else is required (no user updates, no dummy companies etc.)

Bogdan

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

I want better understang for the belowmention thing.

I have change the company name to new one in staging (DEV Sourcing).Now want to apply yhe SAP Note 1992162 in staging.

As I have system administraion right  for staging ,So I can I start with the implementing niote.

Please kindly  help me for this details or steps because don't find any thing like from ehrerI should start wth.

Thanks

Peeyush Ranjan

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot implement Note 1992162 from within Sourcing application. It has to be done from the server console itself.

You should ask this to your infrastructure/hosting team to implement; they will understand exactly how to do this from the app server.

Bogdan

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Are your emails themselves still getting triggered with the old company name?

2. For the Mail Configuration not getting updated with the new Company Name, please note that this is the default system behaviour when it comes to object references and should not have any impact except for a visual one. Check SAP Note 1992162

Bogdan

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your quick response.

For first question Yes.Mail is coming with old  compnay name.

For 2 nd Q
I have created the new mail config by duplicating the custom one mail .

I have changed all the id and in that Mail config the newcompany name automatically came.

After creating theduplicate mail config I have inactivated the custome old one .
Now once I did all the cache refress and log off but still getting the mail with previous name.

So,I want to ask that is tehre is some setting to config the duplicated custom mail config for new comany.

Thanks

peeyush ranjan

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a quick test:

- Changed company name

- Kept old Mail Config (no duplication)

- No cache refresh (anyway this should not be necessary at all)

- Triggered a password reset email

Result: I got the NEW company name in the sent email.

This looks to be either version-specific or some other problem in your configuration. We are on 10.0.5

Bogdan

former_member227405
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.

I also got the same as expected with New company.

So the conclusion is any new document  value it is picking .Like once we will creat any think like Rfx and other company name will be picked up from master data and
same will get in the mail.

Thanks

Peeyush Ranjan

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Aham, I understand now.

This looks to be a bug.

Bogdan

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually this is not a bug but expected behavior based on how documents maintain their own copy of some of the references to subordinate master data (like company name).  There is a routine that can be executed using dbimport that will allow you to synch (refresh) these object references.  I believe support has a document they can provide on the use of this refresh tool.  I would suggest filing a support ticket and asking for that.

Regards,

Gary

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

I was referring to the fact that the email processor seems to be fetching the company name differently between email types:

- In my test-case changing the company email immediately triggered the password reset with new company name.

- In Peeyush's test an email triggered on an 'old' RFX is fetching the company name based on the RFX referenced company 'object_name' (old name).

Comment was not about how ESO relates to referenced objects, but on how the email processor works with them.

Ideally, the referenced 'object_name' should only be used for display purposes (to speed-up the system) and any other process should be referencing the actual linked object, in my mind.

Bogdan