cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Installed Base component read-only in ITSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am configuring ITSM in SAP Solution Manager SPS12. I want to configure user interface so that the Installed Base component is read-only when customers create incidents, and that only Configuration Item is accessible.

Any tips on how can I configure this?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Zeljko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shkelzen Hasanaj,

I already tried this guide, but my customer user does not have enough authorization to perform this. What authorization should I assign to customer user in order to perfom this task?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Zeljko Paic

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can choose the field display only as below, click on right top button configuration

For authorizations , see below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/46/e184bc8dd846279689d356c693e1bd/content.htm

For enabling the configuration mode

Go to personalize; as you can see in my capture, then

Regards

Rishav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers..

During ITSM configuration template users were created. Based on those template users I created users for customers, ITSM Administrator and dispatcher.. When I am logged in as Administrator, I have option to enable Configuration Mode  and for Administrator Installed Base component is already read-only.

When I am logged in as Customer user, there is no option for enabling Configuration Mode. Same situation for the Dispatcher user.

How can I enable Configuration Mode for customers?

Thank you,

Best regards

Zeljko Paic

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prakhar,

since I don't have much experience with authorization, could you provide some link with step by step guide on how to perform this.

Best regards,

Zeljko Paic

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeljko,

We can make it Ready only for certain type of user having a specific business role like ZSOLMANREQ for e.g. for which above procedure is simple and can be followed with configuration as discussed.

another option you can check below.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56011

Thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zelijko,

In order to achieve this,

Enable Configuration Mode in CRM_UI and your business role

next, click on the field IBASE and then goto configuration and choose hide or read only for this field.

once you assign this business role to all users it will show them hidden/read only

hope this clarifies

Thanks

Prakhar

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeljko,

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V Srinivasan,

I am not sure that this blog can resolve my issue. When I try to create incident I can assign Installed Base component with no problems. What I want to do is to make Installed Base component read-only for end user, so that they cannot edit this field. I want them to be able to edit only Configuration Item field.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Zeljko Paic