Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create all the Q-info?

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,guru,

I meet a problem, our company use the QM function last year, we  want to create a Q-info so that we can control the procurement form the vendor but we didn't create the Q-info before.

Can I create all the Q-info for all the material and all the vendor both this year and last year ?

Thank you!

BR

Miriam Zhao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You can create the Q-Info records now but they'll be applicable to further transactions only. Whatever you have already taken from the Vendor(s), info record wouldn't have any impact over them.

ntn

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,Nitin,

I have test in the test system,

First ,I give the material with the 01 GR inspection type in QM view and then    create the Purchase order, it is ok,

after that  I active the QM procurement data in the QM view  ,choose the QM control key 0001,and I create the Purchase order ,error : No QM info record exists for material .

BR

Miriam Zhao

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you maintain the Q-info record using QI01 for the material, Vendor and Plant combination. I think this is missing in the details you have given.

ntn

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't that the behavior you expected?  That sounds like standard SAP functionality.

Do you use "Purchasing Info Records"? If so, you can use QI06 to mass create your info records by using the "Add" tab and clicking on the indicator "Only for Purchasing Info Records".  Then provide a selection parameters that will pick all the materials in the plant.

If that doesn't work, use an LSMW. It's not a complicated transaction and an LSMW will work fine for this.

Craig

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

No, my question is for example,

Material ,A, Vendor 1

Material B  ,Vendor 2

Material C ,Vendor 3
at the beginning ,I didn't create the Q-info for Material A to 1,Material B to 2 ,Material C to 3

QM in procurement  works well ,

but ,I want to control the procurement strictly ,I want to start Q-info ,

I want to create a new vendor 11  which supply  Material A  and Material D with the vendor 4 ,

Can I create the Q-info by QI01 for all the four material ?

I have test it ,the answer is yes.

I want to find some ways do not create the Q-info for  the material which I have already release the Purchase order before .

Because there are millions of material and vendor!

Thank you!

BR

Miriam Zhao

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Correct. But Q-info record is defined on the basis of combination i.e Material, Vendor and Plant. It's fine that you may purchase same material from different vendors but info record may not be required for each vendor. That's how Q-info record works.

ntn

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

I know the Q-info record is a link of Material ,Vendor ,Plant .

but my understanding is

if the material A   QM view get  QM procurement active with some QM control key ,

the purchase order for A can't  be saved without  the exist of  QI01 Q-info record (material A ,vendorXXX,plant XXXX)

in other word ,my understand if material want to use the Q-info ,there must be two prerequisites

1 material master QM view procurement active

2 Qi01 Q-info record

Could you explain more about the Q-info record works: "It's fine that you may purchase same material from different vendors but info record may not be required for each vendor"

Thank you!

BR

Miriam Zhao

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes! It will be required for each vendor if the procurement tick is activated in material master and QM control key is maintained which demands for release required.

What I have understood from your post is, you do not want to create QI records for the materials for which POs are already created and asking if this has any adverse effect. I don't think it will have any impact unless you go for new PO creation. You may not have the required control (which QM info records functionality offers) over already created POs. If at all you want, you should short close them and create new ones.

But yes, for altogether new vendor material combinations you have to create QM info records. System will stop you at the time of PO creation otherwise!

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A Q-info record check is also done at the time of GR.

I can't remember for sure, but if you have a PO that is outstanding and you have not yet received in the materials, it is possible that the GR will be blocked if you turn on QM in procurement with a control key that requires release and/or a COA receipt.

I'd test this first.

Craig

Answers (0)