cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting ESP databse with extrenal Java component through jdbc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using the LMS 6.2 product for one of our Banking project. LMS 6.2 uses ESP as the platform database.

We are also having few application (built in JAVA ) which will use LMS as upstream and will fetch the data from ESP database.

So we wanted to connect these Java application to ESP database through jdbc .

Could someone please guide us as how to connect the ESP - Java through JDBC.

One more point to note that we have set up RSA authentication for ESP database, do we need to consider that as well.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul and Robert.

I actually find a post which help me to connect to ESP using JDBC.

Class.forName("com.sybase.esp.jdbc.Driver");

properties.put("auth", "RSA");

properties.put("ssl", "true");

properties.put("user", "serverkey");

properties.put("keystore",<keystore path>);

properties.put("storepass",<Keystore password>);

Connection = DriverManager.getConnection

(""com.sybase.esp.jdbc.Driver"",

properties);

We are able to connect to ESP using this piece of code.

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Are you sure that you want to connect to the ESP project through JDBC? ESP is a key part of the LMS architecture but isn't the database. Looking at the LMS documentation, your database will either be HANA or possibly an Oracle database.

SAP Cash Flow Management for Banking 6.2 (LMS), SP03 – SAP Help Portal Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try to reformulate on behalf of Ashish :

He would like to obtain a complete java code sample showing how to execute a JDBC query against ESP using the supplied ESP JDBC driver. The example should show the negotiation when ESP is configured to use RSA authentication and SSL (so esps:// etc.) It does not appear there are any such sample in the distributed examples nor the documentation (only a partial bit in the doc).

While there is an Oracle database some information Ashish wants is only in ESP windows, hence the request. The customer had developed such JDBC queries against ASP and is now looking to port them to ASP.

Best regards

Paul.

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

That helps to clarify the question and yes it makes sense. I don't have an example available myself.

This thread in the Smart Data Streaming Developer Center might be of some help. It is actually about creating a Smart Data Access connection from HANA to an ESP window, so it isn't a perfect fit but may help with the connection parameters:

You will also find that more technical folks respond to questions posted in the Developer Center, so it would be worthwhile to post the question there including providing details on what has been attempted and any errors being reported.