Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger from SAP ECC to fetch a File

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

We have a special Scenario to realize. We would like to start a Trigger from ECC to PI, when PI gets this Input, then a File-Sender Channel should look for a file on a Directory to fetch it. We want to avoid that the Sender channel polls in a specified time. PI should only poll when it really is necessary.

I tried at first with BPM but I don't have much experience with it.

Do you have any suggestions maybe? I searched via Google and looked for some SAP hints, but I didn't find some useful things.

It would be really great if you could help.

Thanks a lot already.

Regards Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You can start the sender channel from ABAP program, check below blog for more details.

Regards,

Praveen.

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

that's exactly what we need. Thank you very much

Regards

Martin

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close the thread as mentioned in below blog.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Unfortunately the file adapters do not have such feature to pick up a dynamically named file.

After the file is picked up, what is the intended destination? Does it go back to ECC as part of a response to a synchronous call, or does it get delivered elsewhere.

I have blogged about an alternate approach here. If it gets delivered elsewhere, it should be feasible.

If it has to be returned as a response, then further tweaks to the above approach are required and the approach have been discussed in the following thread.

Rgds

Eng Swee

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Picking the File doesn't depend on the Filename. We only want to poll when it's really necessary, not periodical.

The File should be picked from an external Server and be delivered to SAP-FTP Server.

But thanks for your help anyway. Maybe your hints are helpful in future.

Regards Martin

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. The External Control approach looks good for your requirement.