Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding issues in net value

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

i have searched the forum before posting could not find the valid answer.

i request you to consider my request and kindly help me in this regard.

the issue is in pricing

net price X  quantity  is showing wrong value in net value.

net price is showing as rounded but when we manually calculate there is difference in net value.

even though net price is showing with rounded value but it is consider 5 decimals for calculation.

kindly suggest me how to go a head.

regards

Gopi Ponnala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are trying to compare value which are coming after all calculation and rounding done.

As Mr.Dibyendu right shown the value with all decimals. Try the same calculation in Excel sheet and compare.

7.41 is not the exact unit price as it is rounded...

ATP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain with example, and put screen shot of you pricing procedure so that it will help us all to understand situation.

ATP

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

this is pharma pricing. if we calculate net price 7.41x8333=61747.53 instead it is 61711.82

regards

Gopi Ponnala

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is standard behavior. You can't match like that. System is showing the net price as 7.41, but it's calculation always will be for 7.405714628585143.

You system is calculating the value first, the total value is coming 61711.82 after all taxes. Then system is just dividing the net value with quantity. 61711.82 / 8333 = 7.405714628585143.

But, system can't show you more than 2 decimal places for currency. So, system is rounding up this net price as 7.41.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is still not clear from the condition tab screen shot you shared

If the second screen shot is in continuation to first one, what is the logic in adding ZTIV and ZCTX which are related to tax, since you are also showing JIVP for tax.

From the screen shot, what I could understand is it is copying ZPTS condition type.  Better share screen shot of your pricing procedure also

G. Lakshmipathi

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

this is pharma pricing. if we calculate net price 7.41x8333=61747.53 instead it is 61711.82

This is clearly evident from the Calculation of Net price that the unit value is rounded up!

Thanks,

Sarthak