cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Level Condition in Sales Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement from client. As I want a condition type that should be entered manually in sales order header level when there is no line item. Once there is a line item this condition type should be copy into the line item pricing along with its value. And if there is a line item, system should not allow to change the value of this condition in item level as well as in header level. If there is no line item, user can change its value in header level.

Please suggest me....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi, vemuri santosh kumar & Jobi Sebastian,

I tried both solutions but it is displaying two fields for same condition. One is non editable and other is black where I can insert any value. but I want only one condition value in line item and which should be non editable and after entering one line item it should not allow to change that condition value at all until I delete the line item.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

In that case, once u enter into sales order and give line items, is the condition appearing in the pricing?

if so, have you ticked manual check box in pricing procedure for this condition? have u maintained condition record, if so delete them, and you can even remove the access sequence too from the condition.

Check these.

Paste screenshots of pricing in sales order and your pricing procedure, if its not working

Jobi

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

As suggested by Jobi, I maintained that condition in V/06 as header condition with uncheck "delete", "amount/percent" & "value". Also in V/08, I checked "manual" and "statistics" for this condition type without maintaining any access sequence and condition records.

Thanks All.

# sAnDz

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Why have to made this commission as statistical?

Is it populating at item level also?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

I have made this condition as statistics as it has no calculation effect on pricing and yes through above settings it is also populating at item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your positive comments. The issue has been solved successfully.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep, please explain how. it will be helpful. TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jobi Sebastian,

Thanks again, but what I want is different. If delete field is unchecked then system will not at all allow to delete that condition but i want to change or delete it when there is no line item and if there is a line item, system should not allow to modify it or delete it.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

But Sandeep,

IF there is no line item, then even if you modify it or delete it how does it make a difference as it will not affect any price. Whats the logic in not having line items in a sales order, and you want to have pricing at header level..?

Make the condition deletable, but non modifiable for the optimum result with std configurations.

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jobi Sebastian,

Thanks for your suggestion. It was really helpful for my requirement. But still after entering line item it allows to delete that condition type in sales order header level

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Again In v/06 , remove the check(tick) for field " delete".

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jobi Sebastian,

Thanks for your co-operation. I have maintained that condition type to manual entry and now its working fine. But there is one more requirement as if there is a line item in sales order then this condition value should not allow to change its value in item level as well as header level. But it is allowing it to change in header level. How to restrict it??

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

in V/06 of the condition type, remove the check (tick) of filed  'amount/percentage'.

It will work for you.

Also sandeep, these are very basic configurations in Pricing, you can learn them well by testing each and every fields functionality in a sandbox/ides. It will help you a lot.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jobi Sebastian,

No, It is not working. I have attached the pricing procedure screen shot. Please suggest any solution.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Wats the condition type?  Is it Zcom, you have not selected the manual entry option.

Please do the configurations as suggested in previous post

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , vemuri santosh kumar

No I am not creating sales order without item but i want to enter commission condition value in sales order header level when there is no line item so that when i will enter a line item or more, system will copy header commission value to all line item pricing with no editing in item level as well as header level.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Just create one condition type for commission and check for both Header and Item. In V/06 check box VALUE should be unchecked

try to maintain the condition value at header and system will automatically copy to item which cannot be modified

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Whats the problem if you enter the header condition value after entering the items in sales order,

When ever you enter the condition value in header, it will be applicable to items.

And if you want it to be same for all items,then in V/06, uncheck (no tick) for "Group Condition " field.

If you want it to be a fixed value make the calculation type as ' B-fixed value'

Post after testing.

Regards

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

For what is this condition type? e.g. freight cost - for one truck we know what is the freight irrespective of type of material, is this something similar?

And will this be a fixed value per order, for all orders?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW Typewriter,

This condition type is for commission as this condition type has no effect on pricing calculation. And yes this will be fix for that order.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

without Item details system will not allow you to save sales order. Are you creating Sales Order without item ?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

You said that the commission is fixed per order, then why does business want to change it, when there are no items in the order?

Is it the same value for every order?

How is this commission calculated?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, TW Typewriter,

No the commission is not same for every order. Commission rate is being entered manually while creating sales order i.e. one time for every order but if I uncheck the delete field and if somebody type wrong commission then he/she has to re-create the sales order to correct the commission rate. This is the problem. As if I uncheck the delete field then once entered, for any correction I have to create order once again. If I check, it will allow to delete it which I don't want.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

How is this commission calculated?

Is there any formula?

Say based on the formula, commission is 100 Eur. Now why will user want to change this amount?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW Typewriter,

It is not formula based condition neither fixed. It is a dealer commission which may be different for each sales order. It is a company provided commission which is in form of percentage not in amount. If user will mistakenly type wrong % then he/she has to change it.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Why after user enters a line item (or several), you want that this percentage should become uneditable?

How is commission related to items?

TW