SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification of IFLOT & EQUI via CLB2 / CLB1

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've used CLB2 to mass populate & update classifications assigned to functional locations & equipments. This has worked well to date.

However, I am now attempting to improve processing performance. While reviewing available functionality, I noted the availability of CLB1 to generate batch input sessions from the logical filename provided & supports essentially the same input file. 

Experimentation proves that this transaction is essentially completely unsuitable for general use any longer since it applies the batch input sessions against transactions CL20 & CL22 which are no longer used.

Assuming I have 800,000 updates to apply, is there a standard mechanism other than CLB2, where I configure additional logical filenames to allow streaming the updates in the background.

regards

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ashvinder_rana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Asumming you are trying to update classification data for IS-U type functional locations and devices, you can update classification data for these using ISMW - migration object OBJCLASS. Although I think this object would work for non-ISU FLs and Equipments too.

Wherein, below fields can be defaulted depending if you are updating classification for FL or DEVICES.

HEADER-OBJECT_TYPE = "IFLOT" or "EQUI".

DATA-FIELD = TPLNR or EQUNR

Other structures and fields are self explanatory. But feel free to ask follow up clarification.

ALternately, LSMW also provides for a standard BI object (0130 classification) that may be utilized as well. Although I have not used LSMW object but have used the ISMW OBJCLASS.

Hope this helps.

Ash

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ashvinder_rana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Asumming you are trying to update classification data for IS-U type functional locations and devices, you can update classification data for these using ISMW - migration object OBJCLASS. Although I think this object would work for non-ISU FLs and Equipments too.

Wherein, below fields can be defaulted depending if you are updating classification for FL or DEVICES.

HEADER-OBJECT_TYPE = "IFLOT" or "EQUI".

DATA-FIELD = TPLNR or EQUNR

Other structures and fields are self explanatory. But feel free to ask follow up clarification.

ALternately, LSMW also provides for a standard BI object (0130 classification) that may be utilized as well. Although I have not used LSMW object but have used the ISMW OBJCLASS.

Hope this helps.

Ash

0 Kudos

Thank you super obvious in hindsight.