cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply CSS to grid layout to make it really like a grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supers,

I want to use a grid layout and make it really like a grid, with inner lines for each cell.  like:

Header 1Header 2Header 3

please ingore Header1,2, just blank cell will be OK.

I see there's a CSS class like -ms-layout-grid-line, I applied, but nothing works. Anyone knows how to realise that? Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you expecting the grid layout like this

if this is the case

1.Creat a custom css file and upload it the application

2.Give a grid layout a css class. For example "sample"

3.In the custom css file,write the following code

.sample td{

border:1px solid black;

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nithyanandam, Many thanks for your answer. It totally works! Could you share a bit about how you know to add a td here? by "F12" or other technics? Thank you.

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know about basic HTML and css,then its easy to figure out using F12 console. Grid will be usually formed like a table and each cell will be represented as td. By knowing this, I have suggested you that answer. Feel free to ask if you any other doubts.

Thanks, Nithyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nithyanandam, many thanks for your explainaton. really helped learning something. Thanks!

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oranggila
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would  like to change the background color in grid layout cells. How can I achive this in my css file?

From F12 I see each grid cell has an id like "__cell3". Can I somehow apply a  style/class on it?

Thanks,

Evelyn

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evelyn - this is a closed thread; please search for your question and if you cannot find the answer after searching, please create a new discussion thread.  Thank you

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evelyn,

It can be done using css. However if you open new thread it will be helpful for others.

Thanks,
Nithyanandam