cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grant select privilege on table in sys schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have an issue, where i want to grant a select on particular view in SYS schema to a user. Now the problem is that SYS user would be deactivated right is there any alternate way i can grant select on tables existing in SYS schema or it is not possible?

I tried searching information but couldnt find

Could not execute 'grant select on <table_name> to <user>' in 21 ms 157 µs .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

This thread talks about HANA SUPPORT ROLE but not about SYS schema.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3441582

Wanted to understand if there is a workaround?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor

Hi,

Select on SYS schema is only available to SYSTEM user and it cannot grant the access to other users.

SYS is a main schema in HANA so I don't think SAP wants anyone to do anything with this schema due to which only SYSTEM user has select access to this schema

If you want to grant select access on SYS schema then you can grant SAP_INTERNAL_HANA_SUPPORT role to the user

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think so thats a good idea to assign the internal support user. System get audited probably a privilege would be better which can grant read only access to a object inside the SYS schema.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible, you have access to most of the monitoring views and few procedures present in SYS schema through PUBLIC role

But granting access to SYS objects is not possible.

Anyways, why you want to assign privilege and you are looking into which object?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasnt specifically looking to assign a privilege, i was looking for some kind of access to a table/view which was present in SYS schema.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP_INTERNAL_HANA_SUPPORT helps to get select access but it seems this role can only be assigned to 1 user at a time.

SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05 Rev 55

Could not modify user 'XXXXXX'. SAP DBTech JDBC: [456]: not allowed for this role: grant to more than the preconfigured number (1) of users at a time

This is just in case if anyone is planning to assign to multiple users.

Also - Alert "Granting of SAP_INTERNAL_HANA_SUPPORT role" (id 63) - Low priority alert will be generated for this.