cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO GATP ATP CHECK based on Batch Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to take the expiration date from the batch into account during the ATP check in GATP.  I can not find much documentation on this and what I am finding is not complete.  Has anyone accomplished this and if so could you please advise the steps and the results?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

Please refer consulting note   563863 - Planning with shelf life as of APO 3.1

Shelf life data is not taken into account in the following modules: Demand Planning, SNP heuristic, CTM, Deployment, TLB, and ATP.

Expiry date LOBM_VFDAT  is in general  information which can be used in batch determination as selection and sorting criteria in ECC

In APO you can use checking horizon let say10 days, the time interval will be current date + 10 days in which product availability checks will be carried out.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hubert_spohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

you are right, there's not much information to find on that topic ...

In general it is realized by using the PASS functionality. Use the PASS BADIs to manipulate the PASS quantity by the amount of the stock expiring too early and reduce the ATP quantity.

Depending on your scenario it might become a little bit tricky to figure out which part of a batch has to be taken into account (just using the whole batch's quantity might lead to wrong ATP results).

We also use this to exclude batch quantities if for example a batch is blocked for specific customers etc.

There's also an OSS note describing how to add shelf life to sales order lines by using a batch search strategy in ERP. Using this you could not only have a minimum shelf life on product level but on order line level (depending on whatever criteria you like).

Regards.

Hubert