Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routes in ECC

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a shipper scenario can the experts inform how does the route info flow into OTR/FU from sales order in ECC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think ECC routes flows into TM. However ECC routes can be used to determine approximate dates in the OTR/FU.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you throw more light on how does it determine approx dates in OTR/FU

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One can use ECC routes to get the some approximate dates on the schedule line of ECC SO.

[These are approximate dates, as the more accurate duration of transportation requires the TM Transportation lane.] If one use 'plan on confirmed quantities' in OTR, then these dates gets propagated to FU via OTR.

Scheduling[via control key config] is another functionality which can be used, if one doesn't want to use ECC routes at all.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

are you referring to sales order scheduling and what additional benefits we have in TM byimplementing this functionality

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

In TM itself you have no benefits, but for the process: With sales order scheduling, TM is called from ERP sales order for determination of goods issue date with the given requested delivery date. The advantage is that this planning might be more precise (considering schedules, availability of ressources...) than the determination with static routes in ERP. In the end, this could replace your ERP routes completely (if you wish so and take care about other functionalities in ERP that might rely on these routes).

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not still getting a clear understanding if automatically a route is defined in sales order, which data field is impacted in otr/fu by this? An example will help me to understand

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dipak,

As I said, the dates will be affected, provided you are using the configuration 'Plan on confirmed quantities' in OTR type config.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

hI,

can you confirm if the routes only impact the hard ( accepted dates)  and soft dates ( requested dates)  of FU ( once we make the setting 'Plan on confirmed quantities' in OTR type) . I was under assumption that if the routes are provided also, the requested delivery dates maintained in SO item level drives the FU dates.

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OTR dates are not affected as such. But route impacts the dates in SO which is reflected in the OTR which in turn drives the FU dates.

Secondly requested delivery date is independent of route. So if we 'plan based on requested quantities' then in TM the FU date for the destination location will be requested delivery date in SO. It does not look at the schedule line.

However if you 'Plan of confirmed quantities' {OTR config}, the date of the schedule line in ECC SO with confirmed quantities will be the FU destination End date(requested). Moreover the material availability date will be FU source start date (Acceptable).

So in this scenario if you change routes in SO, the schedule line dates gets affected which changes the FU destination end date(requested). Moreover in this case, requested delivery date in SO is not used directly in TM FU.

Answers (0)