Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error when executing Integration Gateway service

I created  a service on IGW to expose an oracle db as odata but i'm getting the following error when i call it from the browser:

<error><code/><message xml:lang="en-US">An exception occurred.</message></error>

The service itself is working. Its destination is reachable from the IGW's management cockpit test, and its url returns the service description when executed from the browser. The error happens when i try to access an entity within the service, as in:

I checked SMP's logs and found two possibly related error entries. The first is from execution of my custom script. I had to create a script to map the entity set names to actual table names in the database (their full name: schema + table name).

2015 04 07[Gateway][TECHNICAL][TechnicalError]:This is first log

2015 04 07 failed to serve request for URI https://smp3url:8083/gateway/odata/SIST/ODATATEST;v=1/Solicitacao, message = An exception occurred.

I found out what was the issue.

The type of the properties in my entity were not compatible with the type of the database columns. For one we use oracle's number for our keys, but i was using Edm.int32 in the odata model. The compatible type is acutally Edm.decimal as number is a floating point.

Before i close this discussion, do we have any document showing the compatibility between edm types with the different datasources (oracledb perhaps hehe)?

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question