Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the property tree details of a specification of a material

former_member389853
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to get the details of the properties of a specification like regulations,physical properties etc. in a report.

please help me to get the values of the properties.

For example, if you have the TSCA list in the regulation, i need to get the entries of that.

I tried with the FM C1F2_SUBSTANCES_READ_WITH_REF. But it is not working.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Clara.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Kindly have a look at the below table logic for getting specification details.

Go to Table ESTRH, Enter SUBID (Specification) and get output as RECNROOT.

Now go in ESTVH, Enter RECNROOT and VAT in ESTCAT. Get output as RECN.

Now go in table ESTVA, Enter RECN in RECNVTH. Get output as RECN and ACTN.

Now concatenate both the values.

Go in table AUSP, enter the concatenated value in OBJEK.

Output is ATFLV for Characteristic value and ATWRT for phrase value.

Ensure  DELFLG and PARKFLG is blank.

Regards,

Rohan

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Clara

the function module you have used is the right (good selection (but checkl as well functiopn group C1F5) one. The topic of how to get data using BAPIs/APIs in EHS is discussed in :;

In most of the cases the use of a different BAPI/API might make sense. Please check e.g.:

E.g. List of BAPI's - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki is a good source to get a list of BAPIS/APIs

But quesiotn_ why can you not use the existing "outputvariants"? in most case 90% of the demand can be fulfilled if you use them (e.g. outputvariant "EXCEL")

May be check therefore:

or similar threads

C.B.

PS: what is the meaning of the word "report" in your thread? WWI Report; ABAP report?

former_member389853
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your reply.

Report here is the ALV report.

I tried to use the FM 'BAPI_BUS1077_GETDETAIL'. We need to pass substance to the  SUB_HEADER. From where we retrieve the substance value for a material. How to get the value for the substance for a material.

Thanks,

Clara

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Clara

may be I misinterpret you. This would be my understanding:

a.) using a e.g. list of materials you would like to find the specifications related to them

b.) then as specifications are found you would like like to get "values" read from property tree.

As mentioned in many threads. this is EHS "core function"; therefore I would never try to generate a  new report or a new transaction to solve the demand. The best option is like this:

a.) using CG02 you can upload a list of materials (by be some OSS might be missing in your system to do so) ; by doing this you will get a hit list

b.) by using one of the standard output variants you will get the output as required (and quite flexible !)

This is very user friendly. If the existing output variants are not "useful" you can create easily your own one and combine this with the "search" options as mentioned above This output variant can be designed to use "ALV".

If you take a look on EHS standard in theory you have further options. Using HSM solution you can "map" EHS core values to a HSM master data; this data you can then analyse or e.g. distribute per ALE etc.

The "main" issue in your approach is: what is the question which you would like to "solve" (address)? Is there the need to check values regularly ? and if so why?

Example: in most cases there is the need to maintain in e,g. "Density" at least three data records (and if you are acting in NAFTA region may be more). The same is true for many "properties" as well; many people believe that there is only one data record per property; but this is in many cases not correct (e.g. GHS data, etc. etc.).

Depending on the "physical data" your would like to get: partially such data is prepared in the "DG" master as well (e.g. flashpoint etc.).

I would try always to use the EHS core functionaly as much as possible. Therefore the use of "output variants" are in most cases a very good option to solve the demand (and in 90% of the cases the existing variants are sufficient).

Check: Search and Data Output in the Specification Information System - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP...

But clealry you can use a combination of"function modules" as existing in EHS. Please check the links I have provided. I would suggest to analyse e..g. output variant "EXCEL" to "learn" how SAP has done the job in retrieving the data: this is always a good approach,

C.B.

PS:

e.g. check or similar thread (, ,

E.g. check may be: http://www.sapdatasheet.org/abap/func/index-c.html

and function groups C1F2, C1F5 in your system.

PPS: keep in mind that it is allowed to link a material to two or more specifications; there are good reasons why this is needed; keep this in mind if you are looking for a solution option.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Clara

first step is: use material number to find spec. Second is: read data from spec. I am not "ABAPer" so I can not answer which API etc. is the rihgt one,. I know only: we have one to exactly to this job (but you must take care regaridng EHS data model. a material can be assigned to two or more specs (for some reasons which you can check in Onlien help). You need to make sure that you can "refine" the data coming back form step 1. Then you can read the specific data.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

The link between the substance and the material is managed in table ESTMJ. You will find the REC-nr for the substance for a given material. With the GET-DETAIL function you can find the details.

Regards,

Paul