cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Profile Order BOM/knowledge based setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use Variant Configuration for some of our products.  I've noticed with newly created Config Profiles we are now getting the field Knowledge-Based Order BOM being selected automatically, even though we want to use Planned/Prod Order.  The odd thing is the "Order BOM" field is not selected, but Knowledge-Based is.  I'm suspecting this happened as a result of a Support Pack, but so far have not been able to get that verified from SAP.  Anyone ever have this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynsley:

The same situation happens in our system

The thing is, when you donnot use "Order BOM", there is no related effects even though the “Knowledge-Based” is selected

So you can ignore it and go on with your work.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.  I still think it happened as a result of a support pack, and is probably a small bug that has no effect.  I was just trying to figure why we are having trouble with our process now, and this was the only master data thing I could see that was different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynsley

Can you descibe the trouble in you process ?

Xiaojie Gu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynsley,

This is standard behavior. You can select Plnd/Prod order for the profile & proceed.

Only when you select Order BOM option, system considers if it is Knowledge based or result oriented BOM.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.  I still think it happened as a result of a support pack, and is probably a small bug that has no effect.  I was just trying to figure why we are having trouble with our process now, and this was the only master data thing I could see that was different.