SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel/Re-bill Scenario needs to trigger Adjustment file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Overdue open items will be submitted to External Collections agencies for Final Accounts. This process will primarily be initiated as part of the dunning process in a specified dunning level where the overdue open items will first be released for submission, and then they will be eligible for submission to collections agencies.

1.  New Referral file: Outbound SAP to TDX

This File will contain all New Accounts and overdue open items, along with Site and Billing Address and Contact details that will need to be processed for collections. Processing for this file will be Automatic.

The Referral file will be a weekly outbound file. 

New referral files are submitted using the Submissions process (FP03DM, FP03D). In this case, the program is executed with Submissions status not equal to 09 .

2.  Adjustment file:Outbound SAP to TDX

This File will contain information regarding any customer balance updates. Balance updates should show reason for change, i.e. for payments we should see type of payment, method, and also Adjustment type codes- rebills/admins etc.  Processing for this file will be Automatic.

The Balance update file will be a daily outbound file. 

Adjustment Files are generated using the SAP Transaction code Information for Collections Agency process (FPCI).

Now the requirement is, Due to other reasons if meter reading Corrections happen, we need to Cancel invoice and Re-bill then after dunning (due date) process will be start. In this case these files need to  trigger in Adjustment file but should not go new referral file.How it is?

If you give logic that would be appreciated

Thanks,

Abash

12 REPLIES 12

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abash,

The rebilled invoice (if not paid) has to be first released (FP03M) and then submitted (FP03DM).

Until and unless, this happens, the info is not passed about the item to the collection agencies.

FPCI only passes the info for the existing items from SAP to Collection agencies.

Moreover, it will be confusing for the Collection agencies to get a track of a new item in the Adjustment file.

In your scenario, what you can do is to keep the standard SAP process  same and enhance the event 5063 (triggered during FP03DM) no to pick these cancel-rebill records and to enhance event 5052 (triggered during FPCI) to pick the cancel-rebill records.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply,

Can you tell me plz how to skip the Cancel/Re-bill record while calling FP03DM?

If you provide logic it would be great

Thanks in advance

Abash

0 Kudos

Abash,

The best way to handle your requirement would be to enhance event 5058. This event is called before the submission transactions and enables you to carry out extra check before actually submitting the items. All the items are transferred to the structure T_FKKOP and depending on the checks the items are transferred to T_DFKKCOL.

Now you can plug in a custom FM, and put a check to see the items that are being transferred in the T_FKKOP structure are cancel/rebill scenarios or not. If they are cancel/rebill scenarios, then do not include them in the T_DFKKCOL structure.

So through this way, the receivables will never be submitted and will not get included in the submission file.

Now, there is another event, 6251, which also gets triggered during submission after event 5058 and can be used to perform follow-on activities that can't be submitted.

In here, the submission status of the items can be changed to '12'-Receivable Cleared.

This submission status is being picked in event 1729 which gets triggered during FPCI execution.

So you don't have to enhance FPCI for picking up these items

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Amlan,

I think Shaik wants to submit items(canlce/rebill ) charges  through FPCI ,

I don't think you can submit items through FPCI ?

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

The requirement that Shaik is looking for is to treat the cancel/rebill scenarios as information to collection agencies rather than submission.

That's why, I have suggested him to change the Submission status of these items to '16', which is being picked up by FPCI through event 1729 and not by FP03DM.

I am not submitting the items through FPCI, but just to make sure that FPCI picks up these items and create a file so that the info can be send to collection agencies.

Thanks,

Amlan

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

All the reversals of submitted receivables and changes go through the FPCI TCODE, any new charges(doesn't matter whether they are cancel/rebill or regular bill) that got dunned and got released will get submitted to collection agency through FP03D.

In a nutshell

FPCI - reports on changes happened to submitted receivables

FP03D - Submits new receivables to collection agencies.

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Very  Good Morning.

As per my understand shaik requirement is to found how to reject cancel/rebill while submitting to collection agency. He need the logic to found the document is atleast one time is cancel/rebill. Business dont want to pick that type of documents to new referal file, they want this documents in adjustment file which is coming from FPCI Tcode.

Thanks,

Murali.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

yes exaclty what murali explianed i was awaiting for that reply, how to know the Cancel/Re-bill doc, is there any flage or is get change any field once Cancel/rebill activity done?

Thanks,

Shaik

0 Kudos

Shaik,

In the table ERDK, against each print document , there is an original document no (ERDK-STO_OPBEL), Original Reversal Date (ERDK-STO_BUDAT) an Reversal Reason (ERDK-ICREASON).

These fields are populated with the original Print doc, when you are doing a cancel rebill scenario.

So you can implement this logic along with the reversal reason to find out the cancel-rebill scenarios and then based on the requirement can put into the respective file for Collection agencies..

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I think I understood the requirement but what I am saying it not a best practice to implement it.

Step 1) Regular bill was generated and it went through dunning and released to collection agency (status 01)and got submitted to collection agency through FP03D (Status 02)

Step 2) For meter reading corrections reason , the bill was cancelled and rebilled.

Step 3) When cancellation happens the charges will get recalled(status 09) , status gets update to recalled and this information is passed through FPCI

Step 4) The new charges that got billed after meter reading corrections will get dunned again and if these charges need to go through ( status 01 released) and submission status 02, they have to go through FP03 not FPCI.

If the new charges need to go through the FPCI because they are cancelled/rebilled how will the charges get status  02(submit to collection agency) even if we do enhancement to achieve this, I think SAP will not recommend ?

Thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Still i am in Dailama !

Once an account has been referred to TDX and the following occurs the account would need to remain referred to them and they should continue to receive adjustments;

·         Account has been referred to TDX

·         A full cancel/re-bill takes place, all outstanding invoices are cancelled and new invoice/s are created to replace them

We need to ensure the following;

·         The account should remain in the TDX dunning level

·         We should continue to send TDX adjustments etc

Regards,

Shek

0 Kudos

Shaik,

Your understanding is not correct.

As mentioned by Vikram, once the cancel/rebill takes place, the item is recalled from Collection Agency, and if that's the only item for an account, then the account is recalled as well.

The new bill has to go through the Collection agency process from scratch.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan