cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bin type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any direct link between the bin type and the actual capacity check?

I am asking because I configured:

1) three bin types: S1, D1 and T1 (single, double and triple)

2) I assigned bin types to pallets (and pallets to storage types)

3) Capacity check method 5 (SUT)

I am assigning the capacity at the bin level based on the total capacity of each bin.

Is there any way that the bin type determines the capacity of each bin?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

nope, it is not possible, capacity check takes place on master data storage bin. you must define for each storage bin. and also capacity check method must be choosen in storage type level

But maybe capacity check with usage point will useful for you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is no direct link between capacity check and storage bin type.

But if you use the putaway strategy P, you can link in some way storage bin type and the number of pallets you can store in this bin

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using LS11 you can edit the maximum weight and total capacity of bins in mass based on the storage type and bin type. This will, in effect, allow you to define separate capacities per bin type. (sorry if this is not your question)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I think you are right. The only thing is that I dont see any value of configuring bin type besides not wanting to assign a pallet type there and maybe having better reporting.

What else should bin type serves to?

Thanks.

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

bin type can be used to restrict what storage unit type/pallet type that fit to the bin, let say you have two bin type b1 (fit for cage pallet) and b2 (fit for industrial pallet), if there's an incoming material and the material has a cage pallet defined in material master, the material will goes to storage bin with bin type b1 (cage pallet).

you must assign bin type b1 to cage pallet.