cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Code field is inactive during group ledger posting in FB01L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our Client has one leading ledger (0L) and two non-leading ledgers N1 (IFRS) and N2 (GAAP) for reporting purpose. These 3 ledgers has configured under 2 ledger group "G1" which is assigned with 0L and N1(IFRS)  and  "N2" ledger group is assigned under 0L and N2(GAAP).

In these context, client want  to post specific transaction through FB01L with G2 ledger group.(which tagged with 0L and N2). whenever they posting with specific group ledger, tax code field was not appearing during posting document. Moreover, when I am trying to post same entry without specifying ledger group, then tax code field was active and ready to input. Further, Tax category settings was marked in respective GL master.

Now i would like to understand below questions?

1. Do we need to set any configuration to activate tax code for non-leading ledgers?

2. Does GAAP requries reporting with local tax codes?

Please revert, if anyone has come across this scenario?

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

monika_csoti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

FB01L can be used to post only in some ledger group by entering a ledger group in the initial screen. But please bear in mind that postings that are tax relevant have to be done in all ledgers. For this reason, for postings in a ledger group, the system will not consider the tax category of the accounts as per system design.

And from financial business point of view, any data which is tax relevant must be reported in tax report in general ledger, and it is not allowed to post to specific ledger only.

Ledger-specific postings can't be tax-relevant so when a document is posted to a specific ledger in FB01L, there is no tax code field available for normal G/L account.

I hope this information can help you further.

Regards,

Monika

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In full agreement with Monika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Thx for your reply.

Yes, our requirement to post tax code to non-leading ledger as well.

Do we have any solution to fulfil this requirement.

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI santosh ,

Please refer the below OSS note this will solve your problem

2105514 - AT210 - A tax code is set to non-leading ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Thanks for reply.

I have checked seems issue description was correct. But this note is not feasible to our SAP support package. Do you have any other suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santosh ,

Can you please tell which SAP version you are on >? There should be another note . Can you please check ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

We are in support package 600