SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPMA Idoc Issues

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using WPMA Tcode for Generating IDOC as per Article given, But now we have to create the IDOCS as per Article + EAN specific.

How we can achieved this in WPMA.

I already passed the EAN in the input field but IDOC is generated for all the EAN.

Is there any we need to change from IDOC level or i missed some parameter in the WPMA selection screen.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant Bansal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nishant which Idoc are you using/referring here?

There are 2 Idoc types for passing Article Master Information to POS.

"WP_PLU" and “WP_EAN”

Most of Basic Article information including Multiple EAN codes /Unit of measurement can be passed using “WP_PLU” Idoc.

WP_EAN is to be used only when more than 1 EAN per UoM are to be used (i.e. in case of different packing having different EAN, but same UoM)

So Kindly choose widely!

KR,

Anupam

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nishant which Idoc are you using/referring here?

There are 2 Idoc types for passing Article Master Information to POS.

"WP_PLU" and “WP_EAN”

Most of Basic Article information including Multiple EAN codes /Unit of measurement can be passed using “WP_PLU” Idoc.

WP_EAN is to be used only when more than 1 EAN per UoM are to be used (i.e. in case of different packing having different EAN, but same UoM)

So Kindly choose widely!

KR,

Anupam

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

We are generating IDOC based on Article number by passing the Artcle number field, but now requirement has changed. We need to generate the the IDOC based on the EAN number. We have passed the EAN number in the input field, but system generated IDOC for all the EAN number instead of giving the EAN in the input.

One thing i would like to tell you we have same UOM for all the EAN number.

and We  have only one EAN against UOM.

it means we cannot generate the IDOC EAN level if we have same UOM.

Correct me if i am wrong.

We need to generate two create 2 IDOCS

1.      Article master               " Working fine for message type WP_PLU

2.      Selected EAN specific. " Working fine for all the EAN against material but we need to do for selected EAN number.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant

0 Kudos

Any Other Updates,

I need an urgent basis.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

I suppose you're trying to use WP_EAN to generate the GTIN specific message in WPMA.

This is, however, not really feasible in standard (the same for WP_PLU). The logic behind downloading EAN references simply takes the selection criteria, determines corresponding article and sends out all GTINs defined for the POS UoM as maintained in the article master.

You cannot use the EAN select-option to restrict the GTINs downloaded and I am afraid it's not really possible even in the relevant user-exit EXIT_SAPLWPDA_003 as you might not have the visibility of the selection criteria (ask an ABAPer though) in RWDPOSAN (WPMA).

I see it as a change request with custom development reusing probably function module MASTERIDOC_CREATE_DLPEAN to generate the message and then modify the IDoc accordingly by applying the restrictions specified in select-options of the main program.

Sorry for the rather negative message but I hope it helps anyway!

Cheers,

Tomas

0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Really appreciate for your information.

I already Debugged the program, and i found that system takes all the EAN number against article number.

Enhancement WPDA0001 I think it will work. I checked it, while debugging  deleted the for EAN number from internal table and its generating IDOC's.  Its working, but client want some standard solution for this. So i created one OSS message to SAP team. Waiting for Reply from SAP.

Once i got message from SAP team i will update the post.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant Bansal