cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Moving to PAS even though it is not in load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have the scenario where the User are going to the PAS although it is not configured in any Load balancing . Though logs we identified that users/RFCs are initially going to AAS only, but later there connections are getting moved to PAS by the application . This is casing issue as because  of this the CPU is reaching 100% and as DB is also on PAS , it is jamming the application .

Appreciate suggestions .

Thanks

Jatin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the screenshot of SMLG -> Goto/Load Distribution

Please also check and compare the response times of DI and CI.

Have a look at SAP note 51789 as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sowmya ,

We have various Log on Groups configured is SMLG, like BATCH, fronted, RFC Load , RF GUN , but the PAS is not in any one of them. We have not kept PAS in any of them .  When I go to SMLG -> Goto/Load Distribution , observed that load is going to PAS .   Sorry not able to past the screenshot . We are evaluating 51789 . Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sowmya , for pointing us to the right direction ... the issue was resolved after we override the SPACE logon group with a user defined SPACE logon group , excluding PAS . Note 194478 . 

Did some other improvements also for load balancing like load balancing criteria and logon group for  SICF service.

Thanks Siddesh and Eric for your suggestions .

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's good that you provided a note on what solved the real issue, its interesting to note that if you don't define logon groups, sap will create it for you and if there was a user defined one, it confuses SAP code.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some devices might be connecting to your PAS without using logon balancing. You cannot avoid this easily.

SAPLOGONPAD entries should ALL use load balancing, but anyone using SAPLOGON can change this to drirectly connect to PAS.

meanwhile, adapt your RFC connection from other system and make sure that they all use load balancing.

for RF devices, which HTTP port number are you using?

Finally, to discourage people from using PAS, change

rdisp/gui_auto_logout to 60 seconds on PAS only!

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What kind of logons do you see in the PAS ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh ,

These are mainly End users from GUI , RFC connections and RF Gun connection .

Thanks

Jatin

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jatin,

If they are SAPGUI logins, its most probably because majorityusers have the PAS in their Logon Pad. No other plausible explanation. Or they execute potentially some transactions/programs which call an RFC destination that has PAS as its destination host, but I suppose you must have already checked it.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siddhesh,

I confirmed , No direct login is coming to PAS ... connection from RFC processes are coming  .

Thanks

Jatin

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jatin,

The next question would be what or who is generating those RFC processes, that I think only you can tell us.

If you raised this thread trying to figure out how to trace the source of this RFC processes.

I suggest that you look up Tracing capabilities of SAP, there is plenty of documentation available regarding the same.

To start with you can start transaction transaction SM04, find out the user with most logins into PAS, later start ST05, switch on RFC trace for that user using Activate with Filter option. Let the trace run for sometime, deactivate trace and then display it to find the source of your problems.

Regards,

Siddhesh