cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to SAP Netweaver Administrator portal

0 Kudos

Hi

We have Solution Manager 7.1 SP4 installed on Windows server 2008 R2, I am trying to login to http://<solman host>:50000/sld with the user account SOLMAN_ADMIN, SOLADM none of the accounts allow me to login to the portal. I am new to Solution Manager, i have configured the basic default  accounts using t-code 'SOLMAN_SETUP' in the basic configuration of SAP SOLUTION MANAGER CONFIGURATION. I am also able to login using SOLMAN_ADMIN account with SAP Logon but doesnot work with SAP Netweaver  Administrator portal.Please let me know in detail to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun –

I checked above responses and found that the solution is already given above.

The main issue for you to not able to login to NWA is the J2EE_ADMIN user account which is locked in 001 client due to usage of incorrect password.

You have to try to login to 001 and unlock J2EE_ADMIN user first in 001 client and then try login with the MASTER password given during installation of solman system.

Remember again using incorrect password would lead to user locked situation.

• I am not sure if you have tried DDIC user with master password used during installation, please give a try If it has not done yet.
  • Second option would be to delete/rename SAP* user of 001 client from DB level and SAP profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar set to 0, after instance restart you would be able to login to 001 client using SAP* and pass as password.

command at database level :

delete from sapsr3.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt='001';

sapsr3 will change depending on your db schema name..

Once you are logged in to 001 client, unlock j2ee_admin user and try login to NWA.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Thanks for the response, I wasn't aware of the DDIC account, tried to login with the master password for the client '001' and i was able to login to http://<solma host>:50000/nwa. I also logged into SAP GUI and reset the password for J2EE_ADMIN account which allowed me to successfully login to the Netweaver Administrator Console.

I didn't need to go through the other steps, resetting the accounts at the DB level. But its good to know.

I really appreciate everyone for providing valuable inputs to narrow down my issue.

Thanks

Arun Chanda

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

There are a couple things to check here. First off, on a new installation you may find that the NetWeaver Administrator tool is blocked for remote access by default. You can check this by trying your logon using a browser on the server console itself and seeing if you get a different result than when you try it from your workstation. Note 1451753 (Filtering of administration requests for AS Java) gives details about this, and I also talk about it in my blog at NetWeaver Administrator Remote Access. Yes, I know your SolMan 7.1 system is using a 7.02 AS Java, not a 7.4, but you still might want to double-check this.

The second thing is that if you didn't setup additional clients after installing, then the default client for the new system is 001. This is fine, you can definitely use client 001 as your 'productive' SolMan client, you just need to remember that this is the client holding the users you are accessing from the web browser. So, if you are unlocking and resetting passwords for users, make sure you are doing it in client 001. Also, double-check your DEFAULT profile and make sure login/system_client = 001.

Oh, one more thing. In 7.02 the NetWeaver Administrator tool is of limited utility. Generally, in this release you will still use the Visual Administrator utility from the server console. The System Information tool should work with the web login, though, as well as User Management.

Try logging on with the SAPGUI as SOLMAN_ADMIN and then launch transaction SOLMAN_SETUP and see if it correctly launches a browser session.

Also, check that your SAPJSF user in client 001 isn't locked.

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt

Thanks for the response, There is no SAP Netweaver installed on the machine, its just SOLMAN 7.1SP04. Please let me know what version of SAP Netweaver or AS JAVA that i need to install & path for the installation. Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks

Arun Chanda

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

Solution Manager is a dual-stack system, which means it has both NetWeaver ABAP and NetWeaver Java as part of it. So, you do in fact have NetWeaver Java 7.02 installed.

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos

Thanks for enlightening me with the Solution Manager stuff, i am really noob at this.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries, that's what we're all here for, to help each other.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addition to all you could follow SAP doc at To Reset Administrator Password through Config Tool - Portal - SCN Wiki

Good luck !!

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Hope your issue has already been resolved by following above recommendations,Anyways to login for SLD you need j2ee_admin credentials,if password is the issue for you then follow SCN thread at

Regards,

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please unlock the user from client 001 and login

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

0 Kudos

Rahul, I am not able to login using the client '001' with any user account, including SAP*, i get the same message saying " Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts", just tried one attempt to login.

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you haven't any SAP admin account able to logon on the system and then reset the passwords to other users, then you need direct access to the DB to unlock one user or activate the SAP* one.

To unlock one user account, you need to change the value of the column UFLAG on table USR02 to '0'.

Regards,

MM

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Are you able to login into the SAP Netweaver Administrator using your J2EE_ADMIN ?

http://<solman host>:50000/nwa

Also, during installation your Basis guy must have setup a new client? Client 000 and 001 are supplied by SAP.

Regards,

Siddhesh

0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh

Are you able to login into the SAP Netweaver Administrator using your J2EE_ADMIN ?

http://<solman host>:50000/nwa

No, i am not able to login.

Also, during installation your Basis guy must have setup a new client? Client 000 and 001 are supplied by SAP.

We do not have a basis team, we are trying to integrate Business objects servers to Solution Manager for monitoring purpose. The person who installed solution manager might not have setup a new client, i am just using client '000'. I tried client '001' with J2EE_ADMIN account and encountered the above error.

Thanks

Arun Chanda

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

There is quite lot of setup to be done before you can get to the monitoring bit, I think you need to have a basis team doing all the relevant configuration.

Good luck.

Regards,

Siddhesh

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok , you can unlock j2ee_Admin user and change the password .

try it 

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

0 Kudos

I tried login with client'000' using sap* user to unlock the J2EE_ADMIN account, the user J2EE_ADMIN is not locked as shown below.

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

its an default user SAP will create when we install solution Manager.

For all net weaver  versions , Master client will be 001

and For Ecc Master client will be 000

Please check the j2ee_admin user in 001 client.

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Rahul. The person who installed the Solution Manager has no idea of creating the J2EE_ADMIN account  during the installation. I tried login with J2EE_ADMIN using the clinet'001' in SAP Logon and encountered the error saying " Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts", even though i tried couple times.

Thanks

Arun Chanda

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

In-order to login into SLD , please use j2ee_admin user

Let me know if any issues

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

0 Kudos

I created the user J2EE_ADMIN user using the client'000' with sap* user account using t-code SU01 and assigned the following roles, but even this account doesn't allow me to login.