cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher Kernel Patch upgrade from 7.20/113 to 7.20/718

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here I open this thread to start a end to end process discussion to upgrade the SAP Web Dispatcher kernel from 720/113 to 720/718 .

As for the starting point of view we have already gone through the below SAP Note those are very useful But ere I wanted to know what are the basic differences  between SAP kernel upgrade and SAP web dispatcher kernel upgrade.

SAP Note :

1.  908097  - SAP Web Dispatcher: Release, Installation, Patches, Documentation

2. 538405  - SAP Web Dispatcher: composite note

If anyone having the related document ,it would be very helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If the SAP WebDispatcher is configured to run from the kernel directory (DIR_CT_RUN location of the SAP instance) then a kernel update will not cause an issue. You just need to stop and start the SAP WebDispatcher after the kernel update. If the WebDispatcher is configured in a separate place (Eg: /usr/sap/WD/exe) then you would update the files there and the SAP WebDispatcher archive contains only the files used by the WebDispatcher.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

Hope you are doing good.

Nice to hear from you again.

The steps are almost the same. you can use a technique mentioned in

to create your own personalized file structure.

Also check:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1206

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for the information. I have gone through those documents . But here my question is different. Like I have the proper documentation for SAP kernel upgrade , but what I want to know here that,

1. Any specific method/process need to follow while doing SAP WEB Dispatcher kernel upgrade?

2. Like changing the icmbnd file permission etc etc. is there any specific SAP note or any thread describes it. More over any Documents / thread telling the SAP Web dispatcher  dependency with NW version.

Like for NW 7.0 what should be my SAP WEB disp. kernel version ? and SAP Web dispatcher version?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what OS are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

OS AIX . I have all the generic documentation. But what I want to know here like the steps to execute , and moreover the reason for the steps.

Thanks.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My understanding: the SAP web dispatcher kernel has lees files in it.

This being said, having a full kernel upgrade will not break anything if files are not used.

so, at your place, I would simply run a kernel upgrade the same way as you would do on a normal SPA system.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

So there is no extra steps we need to follow correct?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

this is my understanding.

good luck.