Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC - scope of testing after SP upgrade

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP GRC experts,

I have just upgraded Access Control to SP18 and some of standard processes and reports are not working properly - again.....

This happens after installation of almost each Service Pack for AC.

My idea at the beginning was that all standard functions are tested prior to release of SP, so we could perform only limited testing, mostly on customizations affected. Soon I had to revisit it and cover with testing all standard processes and key functions. Now it looks like we will have to perform full scope testing for every functionality, because even those which should not  be affected as per description (from SP / SAP notes) are not working properly.... All together it would take almost one week of (regression) testing for each Service Pack upgrade, which is tremendous amount of work...

Is there a declared scope of testing, which is performed internally by SAP prior to release? So we could at least assume that some functionalities were in fact tested prior to release?

Please share your experience with approach for testing, maybe there are some accelerators to speed up testing after SP upgrades?

Regards, Andrzej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is starting to sound like SP13 all over again (as Gretchen has referenced)

It's unlikely test accelerators will be providers. I think one of the benefits of GRC 10.x - and evidently the headache - it is tightly integration. Share configuration and share code. As a result, they enhance/fix one area and unintentionally break another.

Regression testing seems to be quite a challenge for them. I wonder how much related support pack correct notes will be released.

Good luck with it

Depends on your time, it could be worth a blog/document detailing the errors and hope the community can crowdsource the solutions to help save time

Regards

Colleen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrzej,

We, too, are in process of starting an upgrade to SP18, per SAP's recommendation based on the  plug-ins required in the connected systems. I am disappointed to read that some things are broken, again, but I can't say that I am surprised.  During our initial implementation (SP 12), we had to put in hundreds of corrections from SP13 and higher; some of them broke things that were working and had to be reverted. My expectation is that we will do a full cycle of testing all the same scenarios that were tested originally, probably not every test scenario with every connector, but all of them at least once in both DEV and  QA. I am not aware of test accelerators, but it would not surprise me if a consultancy that is globally certified in GRC such as PwC might have developed some of their own such proprietary test tools.

So what exactly have you found to be not working in SP18?

Regards,

Gretchen

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gretchen,

We have upgraded one week ago, so far I have found some errors which are already on SP19 list, unfortunately there are also some additional:

- EAM problem with privileges in log review workflow (request information not working properly, some options may not be visible if you have * privileges in GRAC_ACTN  - so you have to remove them if you want e.g. to submit request) my post on it:

- ARA - problem with analysis reports for roles and off-line analysis for roles

Currently testing ARM and UAR, so I will see what more will appear.

Anyway, even for those listed in SP19 not sure if I want to fix them through installation of SP19, as will have to start over again...I need to avoid updates until I find an efficient way of testing...

Regards, Andrzej