Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP GRC - scope of testing after SP upgrade

Dear SAP GRC experts,

I have just upgraded Access Control to SP18 and some of standard processes and reports are not working properly - again.....

This happens after installation of almost each Service Pack for AC.

My idea at the beginning was that all standard functions are tested prior to release of SP, so we could perform only limited testing, mostly on customizations affected. Soon I had to revisit it and cover with testing all standard processes and key functions. Now it looks like we will have to perform full scope testing for every functionality, because even those which should not  be affected as per description (from SP / SAP notes) are not working properly.... All together it would take almost one week of (regression) testing for each Service Pack upgrade, which is tremendous amount of work...

Is there a declared scope of testing, which is performed internally by SAP prior to release? So we could at least assume that some functionalities were in fact tested prior to release?

Please share your experience with approach for testing, maybe there are some accelerators to speed up testing after SP upgrades?

Regards, Andrzej

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? Ask a question