cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling the window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Web dynpro page with ALV table and I would like to delete the scrolling of the browser window that appears default when the table is bigger then the screen. Later the scroll will have to be only inside the table. Is it possible to delete the scroll bars from the window? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for all your answer. I have tested the solution you provided, but still I have the same problem:( My Web dynpro table has many columns that cannot be shown in one screen, so always appears the horizontal scroll and together with it the vertical scroll (if I reduce the number of column and set "set_visible_row_count" it works correctly. Anyway I suppose that the user can have different screen size and with the same data can receive the layout with scrolls..). Is it possible to disable the vertical scroll somehow so that it will not appear never?

Thank you very much,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

If you disable the vertical scroll bar then there is no use to display those many columns because you can't scroll it and User can't see the other columns never. So first decided what are the fields are madataory to display in first shot and hide the remaining fields so that you can avoid Vertical scoll bar But if the user want see other columns, he can see by using <b>"Setting"</b> option which is provided by ALV by default so that he can unhide the columns which you have hide them.

I think this solution will solve your problem.

Warm Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna

I faced the similar thing. with the same data diffrent rows and cols are appearing for different screen size. did you find any solution for this.

Naresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am giving the code to set the Visible rows,

Code:

*... init TableSettings

data: lr_table_settings type ref to if_salv_wd_table_settings.

lr_table_settings ?= wd_this->r_table.

lr_table_settings->set_visible_row_count( '15' ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You should not copy the code from the previous post. Try to give the solution in alternative way so that you will good points also.

Warm Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

I am giving the code to set the Visible rows, so that your requirment is fulfill.

Here i am setting 15 as visible rows. So that it display always 15 rows instead of displaying all at once. if you have less than 15 then it displays some empty lines also. if you have more than that then you will get scroll bar to the Table not for the browser.

I think this will solve your problem.

<b>Code:</b>

<i><b>*... init TableSettings</b></i>

data: lr_table_settings type ref to if_salv_wd_table_settings.

lr_table_settings ?= wd_this->r_table.

lr_table_settings->set_visible_row_count( '15' ).

Warm Regards,

Vijay