Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Profit-center determination of bank subaccounts and bank accounts ; with new GL.

The question here-under has been asked a number of times on forums, though never answered really to my knowledge. Let me try to get it formulated once more :

- When a customer invoice is posted, the receivable is properly split per profit-center thanks to the active splitting solution.

- When the customer invoice is paid through a bank transfer, the following happens generally :

The bank statement posts a first area 'debit' bank and 'credit' bank sub-account on a default profit-center (this posting needs to happen first because SAP aims to have the 'bank' posted as quickly as possible 'in the morning' leaving the manual clearing activities 'in the afternoon').

The bank statement posts a second area 'debit' bank sub-account and 'credit' + 'clearing' receivable. There, the combination of passive splitting and inheritence makes sure that the profit center of the invoice receivable line items is also used for this entire posting.

- Manually or through automatic clearing, the bank sub-account gets cleared. Since the 2 sides have different profit-centers, the systems posts adjustment lines to the zero balance clearing account.

My question : for companies that want to achieve an entire balance sheet per profit-center, it is a problem that the bank account debit and bank sub-account credit are still with a default profit-center. I understand that the splitting solution in new GL does not offer a way to solve that. One needs to adjust the profit-center on the bank account and bank-subacccount with an allocation cycle in EC-PCA. Is my understanding correct or is there a better solution available in New GL  ?

Thanks for your replies.

José Beghein 

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question