cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block final invoice if full DP not made.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Requesting some advice in how to tackle this scenario in standard functionality.

We create an order and collect down payment. Once full payment is made a final invoice is made in the system. Company wants to prevent/block the final invoice F2 from being generated/created if the full amount of the down payment has not yet been met. Once full down payment is met only then can the final invoice F2 be generated.

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member870271
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I have similar case for one of my projects and I wanted to check if you managed to find solution.

Thank you!

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using Billing plans by any means?

If you are not using billing plans (MS), then please explain the process of downpayment creation and then the final invoice creation.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry guys let me explain further on the industry. The industry is of manufacturing/selling automobiles. We mostly work on 100% down payment. Customer must make full actual payment at the time of booking. Car gets delivered in like 3 months time because of the demand supply situation of the country. So a dealer sets a forecast usually a year ahead. Going back to the down payment.

When Bank confirms to our company that the specific order payment has been cleared. Our Sales finance clears the down payment using F.28 or F.29. Then order is sent to the production department and it takes whatever amount of time to produce that vehicle (3 months) First in First out basis.

So down payment request is made using billing document FAZ. At the very end a final invoice is made which hits the books.

Now the question arises that before the bank clears the DP amount someone can enter the final invoice on the billing plan and create the invoice. We would like to somehow put a system check that in the case of down payment the clearance of the full amount must be made in order to create the final invoice. If full payment has not been made F2 final invoice cannot be created.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, how can you conclude that a given amount would be the final amount?  You cannot decide a sale order value is final since even at a later date, you can increase the order quantity or add a new line item; thereby, the total order value would also be increased.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lozada,

The following down payment configuration might be helpful:

Check the following in Item Category - T. Code VOV7

Item Category Group - 0005

Item Category - TAO

For item category, TAO a Billing Plan Type as 01 - Milestone Billing will be assigned and its billing relevance should be I - Order-Relevant billing .

Maintain the following in Billing Document Types - T.Code VOFA

Billing Document Type is FAZ.

Check whether Cancellation Billing document Type is FAS.

Maintaining a Pricing Procedure with the Condition Type AZWR

Maintain condition type AZWR which is Down payment settlement, it has requirement as 2, Calculation Type as 48 and Acct Key as ERL.

Here after if you check a line item in an order. Go to Item Data, to check the Billing plan Tab.

Then go to Billing Plan Tab and enter the start date and enter the dates on which billing has to be done. In the billing request enter 0009 - down payment.

Then press enter, automatically it all the dates get blocked and billing request by default  you get as 1 , that you change it to 5 for Down Payment at Percentage Basis.

Then use T.code VTFA and give 20 in copying requirements for item category TAO copying requirements 23 is maintained.

Regards,

Sharan

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks that's the entire config. of standard dp. DP is already setup at company. And depending on different customers, scenarios if down payment is being used then the final invoice can only be created by looking at the FI DP clearing. If amount matches then okay F2 invoice can be generated if not then don't allow F2 invoice. I think the main part is probably using some user exit and adding some code to view the FI DP related document and allowing/blocking according if it meets the IF part.