Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Launchpad : Starting app in new window

preetamr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a UI5 Application and added the same to Fiori Launchpad. However, few functionalities are not working like "window.open()" as fiori launchpad opens the app inside a <iframe> with "sandbox" attribute which doesn't have "allow-popups" in it. So, I wanted to know how can I start the app in new window (clicking the app on fiori launchpad should launch the app in new window/tab).

Waiting for some input from the community.

Best Regards,

Preetam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Preetam,

You can go to the tile configuration page:

<yourdomainhere>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html

You should get an image that looks (a bit) like this:

In this screen, after selecting the group you want to add the tile to, click the big + sign after the last tile. (in the screenshot after the "random" tile)

Click on app launcher - dynamic.

Edit the created tile.

Turn "Use semantic object navigation" off, and enter your application URL in the "Target URL" box.

Also fill in the Service URL and the Navigation Target property (on the bottom) with this URL.

Save your tile, and add it to the launchpad.

It should open your application in a new tab.

I hope this helps you out, if not, let me know.

Greets,

Caspar

preetamr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Casper.
Able to solve the issue by doing the following:

In tile configuration on admin page:

1. uncheck "Semantic obj navigation",

2. Target URL = /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/<your_app_name>/index.html

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to open a local excel file (e.g. c:\temp\demo.xlsx).

Which "Target URL" I need to use for that ?

I tried with "file:///C:/Temp/demo.xlsx" without success!

Can You help me?

All the Best

Stefano

0 Kudos

Hi Preetam,

Did you have the component.js correctly installed in your UI5 app or do you only work via an index.html? Forget the index.html and check the document in the following link for tips&tricks on how to setup your component.js: .

If done correctly, you don't need to open the page in a new window to go past this sandbox attribute that does not allow pop-ups.

For this you need to configure your Launchpad role for the app in LPD_CUST. There you define your application and in the advanced parameters you set your component in the field "Additional information". This is important to let the Launchpad incoporate your app inside an app (launchpad). So the launchpad app needs to call your app via the component.js in order for your app to function correclty inside the Launchpad app.

In the settings for semantic object navigation (transaction /UI2/SEMOBJ) you set your semantic object.

In the launchpad designer you refer to your launchpad role (don't forget the correct Application alias - which should correspond to the app.alias in the above printscreen) and your semantic object and it should work.

Regards,

Joost

preetamr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Van. I was using index.html for the time being. However, from next development I will be using component.js as it will support navigation within the launchpad.

0 Kudos

Hi Preetam,

No thanks. Good to hear your problem is solved.

Naviagation is indeed a problem in the way you solved it now. For instance I'm not sure if this will work in the iOS/Android app "SAP Fiori Client". From the SAP Fiori Client app, it will start the installed browser on your mobile device. From there there is no navigation back to your Launchpad, except swithcing between the browser app and the Fiori app.

Same is of course true for using it only in a browser. You will open a new tab in which there is no navigation back to your launchpad (e.g. an arrow in the top-left corner or something like that). 

Start the next development with component.js, it will provide a much more elegant user experience. However, it is also not too late to still add a component.js file into your application. You can even use index.html and component.js in the same application; so you can call your app stand-alone or within the SAP Fiori Launchpad.

Good luck with your next development!

preetamr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Van
Changing the app for better navigation support!