cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Control - Order to Delivery

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing problem at copy control in Sales order to Delivery. User requirement is like ....Item should not be copy in delivery document, user should manually enter item details. I am able to do this with help of copy control i.e. item is not copied in delivery document but when I enter manually item details it gives error message as below. Appreciate your response in advance..!!

Item category TANN is not allowed

Message no. VL321

Diagnosis

According to the item category determination entries (table T184L), item category TANN is not allowed.

System Response

The system does not allow further processing of this item.

Procedure

Select an item category that you are allowed to enter manually.

Regards

Rahul Hande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Please give some background information, why requirement is not to copy the item from order to delivery but to manually enter it in delivery?

Technically speaking, check SE16N, T184L, with delivery type, item category group and is item category TANN available as MItCa?

TW

0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

The background for do not copy item in delivery from order is that, actually we are trying to put a validation on delivery. Suppose user create a order for A material but physically he delivers B material. We create sales order one time and do the partial delivery. While making delivery user can put manually item details so we can put validation whether Order details and delivery details contain the same Material.

You are correct....! Table T184L for item category TANN as MItCa is not available. While maintaining the same in IMG getting following error..

STANND document type of item category  does not match that of delivery type

Message no. VLCU001

Diagnosis

The sales document category of the delivery type lets the system know whether it is dealing with an inbound or outbound delivery. This information is also on the item category level so that item categories are not used for an inbound and an outbound delivery simultaneously. You attempted to assign the item category to a delivery type that had a different sales document category.

Procedure

Choose an item category with the same sales document category as the delivery type or change the sales document category in the delivery item category activity in Customizing.

Please help me.

Rahul Hande

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Your business process and the way you choose to handle it in SAP are interesting! But check if document flow (link between order and delivery) exists. Because you are not copying item (material) information fro order to delivery and it item level copy control we have field for updating document flow.

Coming to setup in T184L, it is very straightforward (just like item category determination at order level) - What is your delivery type?

- What is your item category group,from material master?

- What is your default item category?

- Next to it you maintain your manual item category TANN.

In your screenshot you are maintaining TANN as default item category! also you have Higher level item category as TANN, this should be blank.

TW

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message itself is clear. You are trying to assign an item category for outbound delivery, however it looks it has been already assigned to inbound delivery. Refer OSS note  514722 - VLCU 001 for item category determination in delivery for further clarification.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In delivery --Materials are entered manually--Then you are comparing with sales order items--That to with ABAP codings..

Why not copying from SO >>Delivery..

May i know your business process more clearly..

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Thanks all of you..!!

Issue is resolved. Item category which are using TANN has problem. I made new Z "TANN" copied from TAN. then system allow me to enter manually item details in delivery...

Thanks once again all of you..

Rahul

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Please do one end-to-end testing. For the same item/material, check if item category in delivery and order are different? and can you the order and delivery in document flow?

TW

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joao

Thanks for your frank opinion.

Here the member is adding new material at delivery in place of ""material derived from sales order""---

so i suggested like above..(my suggestion will work here)

But if he is adding new material as a new line item in delivery--it should be controlled by T184L entries.

Hope i clarified you..

To Mr TW: Dear TW--by keeping the above scenario in mind--i suggested DELETE with SHD0.

Please suggest if any..

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Thanks all of you.

While creating delivery, delivery document cant carry sales order item. User will enter manually item details. After entering item, we will re- check whether the sales order item and delivery item same or not. If both are same then user can deliver otherwise user can not make delivery. This requirement we want to achieve. Please help.

Dear TW,

Thanks for your valuable reply. Please suggest me to correct this. Or suggest any other technique or procedure.

Rahul Hande

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I understand your issue as...

1. When creating the delivery note with reference to the sales order...the items shouldn't be copied to delivery note....and it is working fine for you.

2. The items in the delivery note will be added manually....and you are facing issue here...am I correct? If yes, have your tried entering different materials or different item categories?

3. The items entered in the delivery note will be compared/checked with items in the sales order.....who will do the check? Is it a manual activity or do you have any code to do this comparision/check?

Please post your comments.

0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

Your understanding is correct.

1. Option 1 is working with me.

2. I tried same and different item with same item category.

3 The item entered in delivery checked with sales order using ABAB code.

Waiting for your reply.

Rahul Hande

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As other members suggested, please review the existing configurations for item category determination and maintain the necessary configuration. Hopefully it should resolve your issue.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to control  new Material entry in Delivery--Simply deactivate DELETE option at VL01/2n with Transaction variant SHD0--why do disturb T184L for this???

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

Can you explain your suggestion?

TW

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If you want to control  new Material entry in Delivery--Simply deactivate DELETE option at VL01/2n with Transaction variant SHD0--why do disturb T184L for this???

Because your solution doesn't make any sense. He wants to include an invalid item category, so instead of adding the correct configuration so that the category is allowed, your "solution" is to disable the delete button? So he can't.... delete an item?.... when he wants to add one?.....

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't maintain the material in sale order; instead key in manually in delivery.  Of course, there should be delivery item category determination configuration in place.

G. Lakshmipathi