Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

' Valid To ' date for HR Trigger - User Separation requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

An issue has been raised by my client which is related to HR Trigger - User Separation. As per our workflows, provisioning action for HR Trigger - User Separation is ' Lock User '.

Whenever a HR trigger - User separation request appears in GRC, the user should be Locked ( made invalid ) only from the date mentioned in ' Valid To ' column of the request.

For eg. : A user needs to be separated using HR trigger on 01.05.2015 but the request for that user is raised on 10.04.2015. The request gets closed / approved at all the stages by 11.04.2015. So in this case user shall get Locked on 01.05.2015 but currently user is getting locked as soon as the request is getting closed.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

5 REPLIES 5

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the below Note for correction

2100032 - UAM:Future termination is not working in HR triggers.

1999133 - HR Trigger is not capturing the termination date as end date

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Were you able to get a solution to the issue as even am anticipating this for one of my upcoming projects?

I suppose custom FM might have to be used to distinguish Future termination from current and "procedure Call" in BRF to call it to avoid incorrect locking.

Did you resolve by some other means? Would appreciate your inputs.

0 Kudos

Heyy V J ,

I suppose that I did not find any solution. Provisioning takes places immediately after the request gets closed. You can still raise an OSS msg to SAP and get it confirmed from them.

I searched all the mails related to this issue. Please look into Note 2171282 . This note will help you in getting the  current date captured in the ' Valid To ' column of the access request. This is used for Back Dated termination.

Please let me know if I can help you in any other way.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Did you get the solution to this issue. I am in same situation. User is getting delimited with future date; however, not getting locked in the system.

Also, how you managing the multiple systems assigned to user as BRF+ is picking up only one system to execute the delimitation of the user.

thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Separation date takes place.

ensure action delete is selected in request type used in HR trigger setting.

Regards,

Prasant